Skip to main content

TGIF

Another week gone by. Yay! I soon will be back to work where dieting is so much easier. I won't have to face the temptations of my refrigerator all day.

I did so well yesterday, it is strange how when you are sick you just don't feel hungry. I don't get it. I wish I felt like that all the time.

I snuck on the scale again today. It is a ritual I usually weight myself on Thursdays and Fridays to prepare my mind for what will happen on the scale at Weight Watchers on Saturday. I know it is a bit crazy, but I can't stop myself. It appears that I have done very well for my efforts this week. I have to think it is the exercise. I have been very vigilant at keeping to the twice a week rule, all except for one day -- and of course today has not finished yet. I will do it though.

I got my butt out twice yesterday to walk and it felt good. I really felt like I was accomplishing something. Its really not that much, but compared to being completely sedentary I have to say it is doing the trick. Although I didn't have my weight recorded last week I had put on 300 grams up to 74.4, this morning the scale said 73.3, and that was without my usual clothes and shoes. But for some reason the scale at Weight Watchers generally weighs me on average 200 grams less than mine so I'm hopeful if I stick to the plan today that tomorrow's weigh-in will have me losing a kilo. Of course all that will be recorded is 6-700 grams. But I know the truth! And it is so rewarding because it reinforces my ambition. Instead of thinking poor me thoughts about being stuck at home, I can look back on the week and see that I can do this. It just takes a little bit more digging in and perseverance than it did when I was working.

The quiche turned out well except for one thing, for some reason the tbs spoon of flour I added to the mixture ended up just sticking to the bottom instead of being anything like a crust. I will just scrap that next time. I had read somewhere you can do that if you don't want pastry, but it tasted fine without a crust anyway. So here's my recipe:

Crustless Low-Fat Quiche:

220 grams of frozen spinach (thawed and well drained) Use regular spinach if you want, I don't think it will make much difference.

9 eggs

75 grams low fat cheese shredded (I used a cheese here called shape that has the fewest points, but if you are following weight watchers you will have to add in the points value of whatever cheese you use -- low-fat ricotta cheese is also nice)

3 points worth of rindless, low-fat bacon. I'm not sure if this is common in America, but we have a weight watchers kind and Castlemaine has one too.

1 medium onion chopped

1/2 cup skim milk

Mix eggs and milk with an electric mixer then stir in the rest of the ingredients.

Bake on medium high heat (ovens vary on this one) for about 20 minutes or until mixture is firm. You can use a traditional quiche dish or any ceramic baking dish deep enough. Be sure to spray the dish with a canola oil before pouring mixture in. Makes 4 servings about 5 points each (depending on your cheese choice).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?