Skip to main content

Out of sight, out of mind

I am a firm believer in not having things in my home that I could be tempted to eat. Sometimes I mistakenly buy something that in a sense should be a good, low-fat thing, but when the whole bag, or box looms around I succumb to eating a lot more than I should.

This is why I don't like spending lots of time at my mother-in-law's house. She has a complete kitchen full of things I shouldn't eat. I somehow survived the day at her house without doing too much damage, but it was mentally exhausting.

The chocolate called to me, the full-fat cheese called my name, and mr ralph ate a number of bad things: frozen processed chicken pieces (which I had one), the cheese, and garlic bread with dinner (the loaded with fat prepackaged kind). My mum-in-law is always complaining about how fat she is and yet she does nothing about it. She eats crap all the time. She practically ate the entire garlic bread herself (after mr ralph had 2 pieces). That is like 5 points a small slice on the Weight Wathcer's plan. And I love that stuff! It was sitting in front of me on the table, just begging me to eat it.

During the day I found myself going to the refrigerator for no paticular reason and just looking at the chocolate and the cheese. She buys it in bulk so she has enough cheese for an army in her house, 3 points for 25 grams. Do you know what 25 grams looks like? A very small matchbox. In the past I could eat a whole block in one sitting with crackers and wine to wash it down with. I have to say that cheese is probably one of my biggest food weaknesses.

I'm not a huge chocolate or sweet fan, but I'm human. When bored I think about food, and whatever is available is generally what I eat. I'm not that picky, but if there is chocolate I will eat it. Thankfully yesterday I didn't.

I survived the day with having eaten only 18 points. I actually used more points the night before when having some dessert and peanuts to end Tuesday with a total of 23 points.

I didn't walk yesterday because I was watching the election all day, and today doesn't look so good either. For one it is raining, and I seem to have come down with a virus of some kind. My glands in my throat are swollen and my body aches. Go figure. I may try to walk anyway if the rain lets up, but as you may have guessed since Bush is still President I may have ended up eating out of depression if I didn't feel so sick. So maybe the virus is a good thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?