Skip to main content

Cravings and head speak

I have begun to notice the voices in my head a lot more after reading Dr. Phil's book. I always talk myself through cravings, sometimes the cravings win and I end up feeling guilty.

Yesterday I did some shopping therapy. I bought myself two books, a new hair removal product, and some sunless tanning spray along with a skirt that I didn't try on and now has to be returned.

Stupid skirt. It didn't make any sense at all because it was my size and I held it up to myself in the store! I know I have an ample bottom, but things shouldn't fit tight there and like a tent around my waist. It is so not fair the way clothes are made these days. Having an hour-glass figure has its ups and downs.

Sorry, the point I was trying to get to was that we now have Christmas stuff all over the stores. And that means lots of chocolate and candy and goodies that I was very tempted by. I kept telling myself that I could just buy a small candy bar and enjoy it because I deserve it. But I know where that will lead and I shouldn't be rewarding myself with chocolate. In the end I found something to help.

They sell bite size chocolates (like you have in bags for Halloween in America), and you can buy just one! It was perfect. I bought the supermini twix and was happy with it. I was very proud of myself because I wanted to eat everything in sight.

I went for a 25 minute walk this morning because it was gorgeous out and I couldn't use pain or rain (heh) as an excuse. It was good. I actually felt like I could have went for longer, but I will leave it for this afternoon. It is always better to not overdo it and end up hurting myself.

Yes I stepped on the scale again this morning. If it is right that means I've lost around a half a kilo for the week, which I will take. I will take any loss and be happy with it.

I have some real challenges ahead on the weekend. We are staying at mr ralph's mom's house because she is going out of town. I will bring healthy food with me, but I will have to fight the temptation of raiding her refrigerator. The cheese, the chocolate.... It is a nightmare waiting to happen.

Mr ralph really wants to stay over there because she has cable tv and it is a perfect time for him to watch whatever he wants. Plus I invited a friend and her boyfriend over for dinner and drinks on Saturday night. We decided to get take away, and that is going to be a tough one too.

I wish for once I didn't have to worry about everything I put in my mouth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?