Skip to main content

Of size and things

Yesterday I went to a clothing party at my mum-in-law's home. It is called Postie Fashions and apparantly they've been in business selling clothes out of homes for a long time. I didn't expect to like them, but I surprised myself. If you go to the website, you can check out the current line and click on the gallery to see the spring/summer collections.

I actually fit into some size AU12 things (which is a US 10). My body is inbetween sizes right now though, so it makes it difficult to buy things. I tried on this beautiful white suit and had to have it. It is so gorgeous and when my hunny bunny saw it on me his eyes lit up. After that, it was pretty much a done deal.

I had to order the pants in a size 14 because the thighs were too tight in the 12's. Have I mentioned that is where my problem lies? This last 10 kilos is right in my butt and thighs. It is so hard to lose it from there. When I was in Junior High grade 6, I remember the boys teasing me and singing "Thunder Thighs" to the theme of the cartoon "Thunder Cats" whenever they would see me walking down the hall. It still hurts to think about it.

One of the neighbor ladies mentioned how thin she thinks I am looking from my neck to my waist. It was a compliment, but it only served as a reminder that I am still a fat bottom girl.

The clothes they sell were really quite nice and flattering for all sizes. I wish I had found them when I first arrived here because finding clothes in sizes 14 and up is difficult. I decided to host one of the parties this Autumn and invite a lot of people from work. Maybe if they see me in my suit they will want to come!

I didn't feel like exercising today because yesterday I started to have pain in my right arm, but it had cooled down so much that I had to. I did a moderate to light 30 minute walk and it was good.

I was going to go to the gym for aqua-robics today but decided to put it off for a while and let my neck rest. I probably overdid it last week. I should have started out more slowly than jumping in and doing 3 sessions for a total of 2 and 1/2 hours of it. I can be overzealous sometimes.

For once I'm starting a Monday without a heavy weekend hanging over my head. And although I could have done better, I stayed within my points range on both Saturday and Sunday and don't have to worry about saving points and using all my bonus exercise points towards it. It feels good.

Also I have my plan of eating salads everyday for dinner to look forward to. Last night I made a very simple seafood salad by mixing pre-made coleslaw mix with imitation crab meat and low-fat coleslaw dressing. I served it on a bed of mixed lettuce greens. It was quite yummy and only 3 1/2 points for each of us. We also had a billabong icecream for dessert (2 points) that I discovered on the weekend. Because it is made with skim milk it is low-fat and still gives you that creamy sugary goodness.

Tonight it will be Mexican salad. I'm thinking of putting lean-beef with taco seasoning, low-fat refried beans, low-fat cheese, and sourcream, topped on salad greens and tomato. Sounds yummy.

Blogger was down for a while so I decided to have a play with myvirtualmodel. I had done it before but forgotten my password so I created a new one. I'm putting the before/after ones on the introduction page. I also decided to go shopping around the web with my current model:

Comments

theaddict said…
Well yes, I have done them (squats, lunges) the problem for me is wanting to do them and sticking with it. I need to start up again.

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?