Skip to main content

Scale says

I'm trying hard not to let the scale get me down. I'm already planning to use the no-weigh card yet again. The last time was a month ago, but it still hurts. This would be the 3rd time to use the damn thing. I just wish I had used a little self-control at that stupid work dinner.

I always focus on the negative. This is a big problem for me.

A few days ago Steffanie commented on here and reminded me to be happy about how far I've come. And she is right. I've come a really really long way. When I read other people's blogs and I read what they've lost and how many sizes they've dropped, I'm always impressed. I seem to be more impressed with other people's success than my own.

A few weeks ago I was discussing this last 10 kilos with a close friend, we'll call her Sam . She recently introduced me to one of her other close friends and I must have brought up my diet with her when I saw her. Apparently when she last saw Sam she asked her if I had lost a lot of weight and Sam told her that I had. She told Sam that she would need to see a picture because if she hadn't known she would have never thought I had a weight problem.

I really should have taken that for what it was, a compliment. New people I meet don't know the ms ralph that I was, yet I emotionally carry the weight around with me everywhere I go. I can't seem to let it go. I touch my belly at night when I'm lying in bed to feel how small it is, yet it doesn't sink in. This last 10 kilos is the only thing that stands in my way of being at my healthy weight and when I reach it I don't want the fat me standing there looking in the mirror.

This battle with food may never truly be over for me. I know that my food addiction, unmanaged will spiral out of control again. It is a good thing that I've realized that this fight is a life-long thing and I am willing to fight it, but sometimes the emotional demons really are too much to handle.

I did pretty well yesterday with my pre-Thanksgiving dinner. My mum-in-law didn't like the cornbread dressing, but I really wasn't surprised. They don't eat anything like that over here. I enjoyed every morsel. Mr ralph liked it as well and probably ate too much of it, but I'm grateful in a way that he did because there weren't any leftovers! Halving the recipe was the right thing to do.

The only thing I have left over is turkey breast and some creamcheese pie. Both of those I think I can handle. The turkey just may be dinner tonight if I can keep mr ralph away from it during the day.

The heat has set in and it is going to be boiling again today. I'm going to try to get my exercise out of the way early in the day because walking to the gym at 5:30 is just not an option. So at 9 I will head off to the gym for aqua-robics and hopefully do 2 /30 minute classes.

The old me would let the scale get me so down that I wouldn't bother working out because I wouldn't see the point. I mean, I have 2 days before weigh-in and I don't really know if the exercise will help in the short-run, but I know it will in the long-run. Exercise has to be a part of my life. And that ladies and gentlemen is progress in the right direction.

Oh and a question if you know, could you tell me if sore muscles make you weigh more? I heard that a long time ago and never really found out if it is true. Toodle-loo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?