Skip to main content

Day 4 - Cranky

Today I feel cranky. There is no other word for it. It is not because of the detox because I think I'm getting the hang of that, but I think my period is about to start. If it does, that would also mean that I will have a bad weigh-in because never fail when I am on my period I gain weight.

I'm not very happy about that but then I wouldn't be happy about much because you got it, I'm CRANKY. Nothing can go right today. You can ask mr. ralph, he will verify that for you.

I didn't walk yesterday, but I managed to go for a walk tonight for about 30 minutes.

The thing with this detox is because I am not allowed to eat too many things I wind up eating under my points allotment for the day. I could actually be eating less than I should so I've got to try to shop for more things that I can eat throughout the day to reach my points value. I don't want my body to think I am starving it and hold on to this weight even harder.

Here's a thought I had this morning: When you lose weight, where does it go?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know! Every time you lose some weight... I find it. =P

Keep it up girl. You motivate me every day. And I can't wait to see you hit your goal!
Anonymous said…
every time dan loses five pounds my pants are strangely tighter. he is under strict instructions to never lose weight again!
Anonymous said…
Hey, I randomly stumbled to your blog and started reading it. As I was reading, I was thinking how proud and excited you must be. The whole process of it -- setting a goal, focusing on the goal and actually following though to make it happen, that requires a lot of discipline and character. And then, to see your hard work pay off and to see such an accomplishment. WOW!

I've never had to struggle with what you are going through, but I've struggled with other things, and it's hard. Your determination to follow through and make your goals come true inspire me.
lainb said…
all our lost poundage goes to a safe place in the sky and is recycled to growing babies/children. haha! j/k...it's simply metabolized and used for our body's energy.
Jaykay said…
I bought the Madison magazine yesterday and was really interested in the 21 day detox.

Can't wait to keep reading how you're going on it. I can then decide if it's something I can do or not (no alcohol...hmmm!).

Keep up the great work.

Popular posts from this blog

A trip down memory lane

Hello to all of you all of you coming via Michele , thanks for stopping by and I only hope it was worth the trip over. I began reading through the questions on the Slimmer of The Year application today. Of course there are so many things I want to include, but I can't possibly write everything I want to or they will be getting a novel. When I started thinking of how long I have been overweight and the reasons I struggled for so long with food and weight issues a lot of memories came back to me. I've been challanged by my weight for most of my life. Granted some of that time I only thought I was fat when I really wasn't. The point is that I have been fat inside my head for as long as I can remember. One of the most shameful and embarrassing moments was when I was 15 and some of the boys in my class thought it was funny to sing "thunder, thunder, thunder thighs hooooooo!" when they saw me coming to the tune of the cartoon "Thunder Cats." That experie...

Weigh-in March 5th

I weighed in at 68.1, and was amazed to discover that I lost 800 grams this week. I've only got just over 5 kilos left to lose before I reach my goal. Like WOW. I mean wow. I am pinching myself. Can you believe this? A weight loss 2 weeks in a row?!?! I mean jeez, imagine what I could do if I got my butt up off the couch and started exercising. I think I owe it all to the Wendie Plan, which by the way I told all my fellow weight watcher' members about today. I tried to tell them anyway, but I couldn't say a whole lot because our leader likes to hog all the air time. It is weird. I've never felt so shut down in a place where we should all be sharing our ideas with each other. Isn't it a support group, not a one-woman-show? Plus she is boring and only talks about the same thing over and over again. I've heard enough about low GI foods, exercising, how her daughter is a dancer, and how good it is to eat protein for breakfast. I would try out a different ...

A nice surprise

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but Australians are a bit different when it comes to weight loss. They're very private and compliments and comments aren't as forthcoming as they'd be in the US where everyone is on a diet, thinking about going on a diet etc. Yesterday I received an email from one of my co-workers and this is what she wrote: Hey Becca. A quite personal thing really. I cannot help notice how great you look. Diversity aside, I am sick of being fat. Can you please let me know how I join Weight Watchers as it seems, with your will power, and their help, you have achieved as well as maintained your ideal weight. When she say's "diversity aside" she is referring to the company policy of not saying anything that someone else may find offensive. They're very strict about it. I had to giggle about that, but I was so encouraged. I know it took a lot for her to reach out to me, and I was so happy that people see me as an ex...