Skip to main content

Unofficial Weigh-in April 16th

I am not going to my WW meeting today mainly because I haven't lost any weight this week, and I feel like the bottom of an ash tray with a extra large headache to boot. I stink of cigarette smoke from going out last night, and no I don't smoke. Let me tell ya, that is the worst thing about going out for a dance. Gives me a bad headache as well.

I did weigh myself on my scale and it is approximately the same as last week, give or take a few 100 grams. So I'm calling it even.

I actually did up my exercise this week by about 30% so I don't know what happened on the scale. I seriously did not fathom that what I ate last weekend was enough to keep me from losing, but I guess those mysterious points (that is what happens when you don't track them) added up to a hell of a lot more than I thought.

So how is this getting me any closer to my goal? Good question.

Things have simply got to change this week.

I think inside my head I've relaxed, not just a little bit, but a lot. I've gotten really complacent about everything, not just exercise. I'm starting to feel really good in my skin, and the drive is just not there.

I look in the mirror and I actually feel pretty damn good. Well, you know there is the few times that I feel like the thighs could use a good toning and I could stand to drop a few inches here and there, but overall I feel satisfied with my weight.

All this means is that I need to readjust my thinking. I set this WW goal for a reason, and if I don't reach it I can't be The Slimmer of The Year, so things need to change this week.

I need to get back some ambition. I thought I had a hold of it, but last week I think I was just so damn happy to be 67 kilos that I acted like a person who doesn't have to watch what they eat.

I can't let that happen. I have to see this thing through. I made a commitment to myself that this time I would reach my goal and stay there.

So watch this space for renovations this week, because we're cranking it up a notch.

Comments

Robin said…
You honesty is really refreshing. It does motivate me so much. Thanks again for sharing your journey.
Anonymous said…
i have been a slug and feel like pooh as a result. blah.

you go kick ass my dear. i'll be right behind you.
Anonymous said…
I've spent a lot of hours in the gym over the past 5 years and I just want to encourage you to keep going. Your reason for seeing little to no change could be continued muscle growth as you ramp up your exercise effort and that good thing seeing as muscles like to burn calories. My hope is you don't focus too much on that weight number, having trained friends who were on the heavier side I know the numbers eventualy stop goind down on the scale but their waiste lines and definition continue to get better. They say diet is 70% of your effort out there so I'd say check out on the inter-ma-net articles written by John Berardi for a deeper understanding of how foods work with your body, I am not suggesting giving up WW, but knowing is half the battle! ;)

Thanks for sharing..

Cheers

P.

I am here via Michele meet n greet!
Anonymous said…
One thing to keep in mind is how easy it is for the body to temporarily retain water. I am allergic (yes, outright allergic, with sneezing and watery eyes) to smoke, so if I do get roped into a bar trip, I usually come home with a puffy face, watering eyes, irritated skin. Top that off with standing around all night, and I'm retaining water like a madwoman.

Fortunately, clean living for a couple of days (and perhaps some allergy medicine) usually makes it go away.

So, if you're breaking even on the scale and this is indeed the culprit, you might get a nice surprise next week!

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?