Skip to main content

Day 1 - I miss coffee already

I know it is too soon to be complaining, but I seriously haven't been able to stop thinking about coffee and diet coke since I decided that yesterday's cup would be my last for the next 3 weeks. Just wait to see me when the headaches set in!

I got up and walked for 30 minutes even though I know that in a few hours mr ralph and I are going for a hike up in Waterfall Gully. This made me start thinking that I quite possibly have my groove back. To think I exercised and didn't make any excuses!

On this detox there is a special concoction you are meant to drink once a week that is to help your liver and Dr. Joshi recommends drinking it after a walk and then having at least 2 hours of relaxation time afterwards. I don't have that many mornings where I have that luxury so even though today is the first day of this thing I decide to drink it and get it over with for this week.

So I drank it after my walk this morning. You want to know what is in it don't you?

Well it is 300ml of fresh squeezed grapefruit & lemon juice, 200ml water, fresh ginger and garlic juice (squeezed from a garlic press) and 2tbs extra virgin olive oil. The pure acidic taste of the juice wasn't made more pleasant by the garlic and ginger. Afterwards he recommends drinking peppermint tea, which I am doing. I have to think although peppermint tea does aid in digestion, it could also be good in covering up the garlic stench breath I have right now.

I've actually burped garlic and ginger twice already. That wouldn't be good to do at work!

I was so hungry last night at my mum in laws because she made us tiny little hamburgers and normally she is very good and we have lots of veggies with our Sunday dinners. Last night there was nothing. A few lettuce leaves and a slice of tomato. I was starving! So I ate some rice crackers which didn't leave me doing so well for my Sunday points.

I'm trying not to let anything get me down. I did exercise yesterday and today and hopefully I will do it for the rest of the week too. There is already a huge difference in my attitude about it than a few weeks ago. I no longer feel like I have to drag myself out there, I'm enjoying it again. And this is a very good thing.

I am still trying to figure out if I am allowed lean bacon or not. Pork is not really considered a "red meat" is it? Anyone have any idea? I never fry my bacon and I never eat bacon that has fat on it, but I'm not sure if I should eat it during this 21 days or not. I really wish this guy's book was available now!

I'm thinking I may need to pre-order on Amazon.

Comments

Kim said…
Hi! Just wanted to let you know I surfed through via Blog Explosion!

Have a great day!

Kim
Argy said…
The info about detox perdiods in men's health is not correct. All the detox programs i have followed (and there have been many) have 21 days duration at least.Actually, it can be any multiplant of 3, but for the complete thing you need 3 weeks.

So you are doing fine :)

My hol med cosiders pork red meat.

I was so glad to catch up on you this morning and see you so determined.

Go you!

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?