Skip to main content

Day 6 - weigh-in ~ Miracles do happen!

I am on top of the world because finally the scale is showing that this detox and the extra exercise I've been doing is finally working. Wait for it....

I weighed-in at 66 kilos!! That's a loss of 800 grams since last Saturday! Yippie!! I couldn't believe it when I woke up this morning because yesterday the scales were stuck at 67. So how did this happen?

I have some theories, but if you are squeamish when it comes to bodily functions being discussed this is the time to stop reading.

First of all this morning I awoke to my period starting, which means that all the pre-menstrual bloat would have been happening the previous few days, and I also had 2 natural bowel movements in the early hours of my morning, this I believe is due to all the extra dark green vegetables I've been eating on the detox.

The reason I said natural bowel movements is because not long ago a good cup of coffee in the morning would get me going, but now that I'm not drinking anything other than water, orgnanic teas, or water... things are starting to move due to all the fibre I'm taking in. All the toxins are finally getting cleaned out.
I have to admit I'm loving this detox.

I found some gluten and wheat free museli bars today that are full of seeds and nuts and are oh so good. They're 2 1/2 points each, but I figure with all that good stuff in it I won't want more. I bought single serving packs of cashews today as well that are a 3/12 point snack, but worth it as well.

I found it difficult to reach my points last week so this week I should be a healthy way to help me reach it. Of course I still need to eat the same amount of veggies, which shouldn't be too hard. I may add the cashews to veggie stir fries just too spice it up some.

So there you have it. Just 3 kilos left go to go and baby nothing is going to stand in my way!

Comments

phoenix said…
Hi Michele sent me and keep it up!! The hard work always pays off in smaller clothes :)
Anonymous said…
CONGRATS!!! So close to goal!! With the detox and the green veggies...it'll be a piece of cake!!
Sooz said…
Congrats! You go girl!!!
Hi! The veggies would certainly have helped with the bowel movements, but I find it's the period starting that seems to really push things along. Both the uterus and the bowel wall are made of smooth muscle and they seem to work in tandem at times. Isn't biology fun? Good work on the detox!

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?