Skip to main content

Weigh-in Post Christmas

I weighed myself at home this morning and have gained 1 kilo over Christmas. Not bad. I actually felt relieved. I knew it wasn't that much because I didn't really feel bloated. I never ate until I felt so full that I couldn't breathe/move, and although I had my fair share of snacks and treats, overall I did ok.

Our toilet has been broken for this entire week and we've been staying at my mum-in-laws. Today the owner is sending his father to fix it. It did this last year and they sent the same guy. All I'm saying is maybe they should get a real plumber involved?? Could be why we keep having problems.

When I went for a walk yesterday I saw a baby bird flapping near the ground and stopped to have a look. One of it's claws was caught in the bottom of a chain fence and he couldn't free himself. I freed it's foot and it hopped onto both feet on the ground and just stared up at me.

I wanted to see it fly away but it didn't move. There were other birds in the area chirping and talking loudly. I didn't want to leave it, but I know it was the only thing I could do. I believe you have to limit the amount you touch a bird because of the smell you leave behind.

The idea that the little bird may not live really affected me. I had tears in my eyes. I don't know how he got himself caught at the bottom of a fence. Poor little guy. I hope he survived it, maybe he was only scared to fly away or had been flapping there for so long he didn't have the strength. I hope his bird friends came to help him.

I have to go to work today and I'm dreading it. I've had a lot of pain this week in my shoulders and chest. I wish I had an appointment with the surgeon sooner than the 18th, but I have to take it extra easy today. I'm thinking of wearing my soft collar brace again, just at work. A lot of it could also be the bed I've been sleeping on because it is softer than ours, and just the overall strain of my body to hold up my mending neck.

And finally on the weightloss front I've decided that once New Years is out of the way I'm going to go two weeks without carbs or alcohol to jumpstart my new year. I'll still count the points for weight watcher purposes, but I've got some menu ideas from a magazine that adapted the South Beach diet. I don't plan on cutting carbs out permanetly, but two weeks can't hurt me and could be really good to help get over the holiday gains.

I want to be on track to reach my goal of 63 kilos by the end of March.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?