Skip to main content

Weigh-in Post Christmas

I weighed myself at home this morning and have gained 1 kilo over Christmas. Not bad. I actually felt relieved. I knew it wasn't that much because I didn't really feel bloated. I never ate until I felt so full that I couldn't breathe/move, and although I had my fair share of snacks and treats, overall I did ok.

Our toilet has been broken for this entire week and we've been staying at my mum-in-laws. Today the owner is sending his father to fix it. It did this last year and they sent the same guy. All I'm saying is maybe they should get a real plumber involved?? Could be why we keep having problems.

When I went for a walk yesterday I saw a baby bird flapping near the ground and stopped to have a look. One of it's claws was caught in the bottom of a chain fence and he couldn't free himself. I freed it's foot and it hopped onto both feet on the ground and just stared up at me.

I wanted to see it fly away but it didn't move. There were other birds in the area chirping and talking loudly. I didn't want to leave it, but I know it was the only thing I could do. I believe you have to limit the amount you touch a bird because of the smell you leave behind.

The idea that the little bird may not live really affected me. I had tears in my eyes. I don't know how he got himself caught at the bottom of a fence. Poor little guy. I hope he survived it, maybe he was only scared to fly away or had been flapping there for so long he didn't have the strength. I hope his bird friends came to help him.

I have to go to work today and I'm dreading it. I've had a lot of pain this week in my shoulders and chest. I wish I had an appointment with the surgeon sooner than the 18th, but I have to take it extra easy today. I'm thinking of wearing my soft collar brace again, just at work. A lot of it could also be the bed I've been sleeping on because it is softer than ours, and just the overall strain of my body to hold up my mending neck.

And finally on the weightloss front I've decided that once New Years is out of the way I'm going to go two weeks without carbs or alcohol to jumpstart my new year. I'll still count the points for weight watcher purposes, but I've got some menu ideas from a magazine that adapted the South Beach diet. I don't plan on cutting carbs out permanetly, but two weeks can't hurt me and could be really good to help get over the holiday gains.

I want to be on track to reach my goal of 63 kilos by the end of March.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A trip down memory lane

Hello to all of you all of you coming via Michele , thanks for stopping by and I only hope it was worth the trip over. I began reading through the questions on the Slimmer of The Year application today. Of course there are so many things I want to include, but I can't possibly write everything I want to or they will be getting a novel. When I started thinking of how long I have been overweight and the reasons I struggled for so long with food and weight issues a lot of memories came back to me. I've been challanged by my weight for most of my life. Granted some of that time I only thought I was fat when I really wasn't. The point is that I have been fat inside my head for as long as I can remember. One of the most shameful and embarrassing moments was when I was 15 and some of the boys in my class thought it was funny to sing "thunder, thunder, thunder thighs hooooooo!" when they saw me coming to the tune of the cartoon "Thunder Cats." That experie...

Weigh-in March 5th

I weighed in at 68.1, and was amazed to discover that I lost 800 grams this week. I've only got just over 5 kilos left to lose before I reach my goal. Like WOW. I mean wow. I am pinching myself. Can you believe this? A weight loss 2 weeks in a row?!?! I mean jeez, imagine what I could do if I got my butt up off the couch and started exercising. I think I owe it all to the Wendie Plan, which by the way I told all my fellow weight watcher' members about today. I tried to tell them anyway, but I couldn't say a whole lot because our leader likes to hog all the air time. It is weird. I've never felt so shut down in a place where we should all be sharing our ideas with each other. Isn't it a support group, not a one-woman-show? Plus she is boring and only talks about the same thing over and over again. I've heard enough about low GI foods, exercising, how her daughter is a dancer, and how good it is to eat protein for breakfast. I would try out a different ...

A nice surprise

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but Australians are a bit different when it comes to weight loss. They're very private and compliments and comments aren't as forthcoming as they'd be in the US where everyone is on a diet, thinking about going on a diet etc. Yesterday I received an email from one of my co-workers and this is what she wrote: Hey Becca. A quite personal thing really. I cannot help notice how great you look. Diversity aside, I am sick of being fat. Can you please let me know how I join Weight Watchers as it seems, with your will power, and their help, you have achieved as well as maintained your ideal weight. When she say's "diversity aside" she is referring to the company policy of not saying anything that someone else may find offensive. They're very strict about it. I had to giggle about that, but I was so encouraged. I know it took a lot for her to reach out to me, and I was so happy that people see me as an ex...