Skip to main content

And that's the end of that chapter

So Christmas is over, and I have to say I'm thankful for that. It was pretty stressful this time because it was our first without mr. ralph's father.

We went out to eat for Christmas lunch and there was so much to choose from that I ate small servings of everything I thought looked yummy. I came home feeling full, but not, "Oh god I have to puke full". This they say, it is a good thing.

But overall have I been a good girl with the eating? No. Absolutely not. I am hoping to get myself back on track today, but because we are staying at the mum-in-law's I am thinking this is going to require much more willpower than I possibly possess. I am literally surrounded by a chocolate factory.

She received every kind of chocolate or candy gift you can imagine. Working as the head of an after school care can have its perks, that is if you want to gain 10 kilos at Christmas.

She also has some of my very favorite chocolates in the world. Lindt, which is Swiss, and heaven in a tinfoil wrapper.

I am not sure if I've gained, although lets face it there is no way that I haven't. I weighed myself yesterday but it was in the middle of the day and I am a strict morning weigher because I've noticed that throughout the course of a day a person can gain up to 3 kilos. I think I have at least put on one or possibly two. And I have to say I'm not happy about that. But I also don't feel incredibly guilty for enjoying my holiday food either. It is a toss up. The fact that I planned to let myself off the hook makes me feel better about it. Now I just need to know when to say when.

So today I am back on track. I said that yesterday but then ate some chocolate and then we had dinner out, it was cheesy pasta. Yikes. So today. Yes, TODAY.

I have to put my foot down and just do it. I don't like chocolate that much anyway, and I want the new tops and skirt I bought to fit me rather than going back and dragging out the too big pile. They're way too big anyway.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas. I've missed reading all of you. I'm going over now to see what I've missed.

Wish me luck with the willpower thing. I'm going to need it.

Comments

Denise said…
I think if you're just moderately "bad" over the holidays, recognize that you've done it and it's over, and then move on, you can declare it a victory. Besides, I just heard on the news that the average person gains 1-2 pounds over the holiday, so just be more vigilant after New Year's and no worries! :-)
Kimberly said…
Hi Rebeka! Good luck with the willpower! Having put on a few pounds in the past couple of months, I'm planning to get back on the treadmill (literally!) when I get home from vacation.

(And, BTW, Michele sent me.)
Crayonsetc said…
I just found your blog... and I wanted to say good luck with the willpower!! You can do it!! Congrats on your success so far! It is wonderful!!

Popular posts from this blog

A trip down memory lane

Hello to all of you all of you coming via Michele , thanks for stopping by and I only hope it was worth the trip over. I began reading through the questions on the Slimmer of The Year application today. Of course there are so many things I want to include, but I can't possibly write everything I want to or they will be getting a novel. When I started thinking of how long I have been overweight and the reasons I struggled for so long with food and weight issues a lot of memories came back to me. I've been challanged by my weight for most of my life. Granted some of that time I only thought I was fat when I really wasn't. The point is that I have been fat inside my head for as long as I can remember. One of the most shameful and embarrassing moments was when I was 15 and some of the boys in my class thought it was funny to sing "thunder, thunder, thunder thighs hooooooo!" when they saw me coming to the tune of the cartoon "Thunder Cats." That experie...

Weigh-in March 5th

I weighed in at 68.1, and was amazed to discover that I lost 800 grams this week. I've only got just over 5 kilos left to lose before I reach my goal. Like WOW. I mean wow. I am pinching myself. Can you believe this? A weight loss 2 weeks in a row?!?! I mean jeez, imagine what I could do if I got my butt up off the couch and started exercising. I think I owe it all to the Wendie Plan, which by the way I told all my fellow weight watcher' members about today. I tried to tell them anyway, but I couldn't say a whole lot because our leader likes to hog all the air time. It is weird. I've never felt so shut down in a place where we should all be sharing our ideas with each other. Isn't it a support group, not a one-woman-show? Plus she is boring and only talks about the same thing over and over again. I've heard enough about low GI foods, exercising, how her daughter is a dancer, and how good it is to eat protein for breakfast. I would try out a different ...

A nice surprise

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but Australians are a bit different when it comes to weight loss. They're very private and compliments and comments aren't as forthcoming as they'd be in the US where everyone is on a diet, thinking about going on a diet etc. Yesterday I received an email from one of my co-workers and this is what she wrote: Hey Becca. A quite personal thing really. I cannot help notice how great you look. Diversity aside, I am sick of being fat. Can you please let me know how I join Weight Watchers as it seems, with your will power, and their help, you have achieved as well as maintained your ideal weight. When she say's "diversity aside" she is referring to the company policy of not saying anything that someone else may find offensive. They're very strict about it. I had to giggle about that, but I was so encouraged. I know it took a lot for her to reach out to me, and I was so happy that people see me as an ex...