Skip to main content

Too quiet

I wish that I had lived alone at some time in my life because I can't stand a quiet house.

Right now even with the television on, and loud, the place feels so empty, and in turn makes me feel empty.

I'm not happy about the powers that be replacing my Footballer's Wives with some crazy movie called Urban Legend either.

But let me get off what is really on my chest.

Before moving here to be with mr. ralph I spent a year apart from him while I was working and saving enough money to pay for the fiance visa. It was one of the hardest years of my life.

I had to put up with my psycho sister and live with my parents again. Those two things alone was enough to make me go insane.

I would listen to sad music and hug my body pillow thinking of him. I cried myself to sleep most nights, and I worked two jobs to earn money faster, plus there was less time alone to be depressed and miserable.

Sounds so cliche, but I've never loved anyone as much as I love him.

He went interstate yesterday morning to help his friend move and I didn't think it would be that hard to be apart from him for 3 days and 2 nights. I mean come on, am I really that needy? Is it that hard for me to be alone? Of course I actually told him it would be a good idea for him to do this for his friend.

Last night I was trying to sleep while the wind and rain were beating against the window and all I wanted to do was know he was beside me. If I didn't have Buckley asleep at my feet I don't know if I would have slept much at all.

We don't have the perfect marriage. I don't even think that exists outside of fairytales, but he is my other half, and he should be here right now sitting on the couch next to me driving me crazy when he tries to rub my leg.

I have my moments when I wonder what life would be like if I weren't married to him, but the truth is I can't even survive one day without him.

I had the most horrible day at work and all I wanted to do was come home and collapse against him and complain so that I could feel better. And if he was here, he would have cooked dinner for us because even though he isn't the best cook in the world, he loves to do things like that for me.

I've been known to complain about how he doesn't clean much, and he never does the laundry, but I would give anything to run my fingers through his curly hair right now.

I am such a sad sap. I miss him. I can't wait until he gets home tomorrow night. I hope I can convey to him how much he means to me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have the oposite problem. I grew up out on farms where things were usually quite. After fourteen years of living in town, the noise is still too much. I often listen to radio with headphones to drown out incidental noises. A couple of years ago I moved into an apartment. That's even worse because there are all these people in the same building with me.

Yes, the movie Urban Legend sucks.

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?