Skip to main content

Marge! Look at all this great stuff I found at the Marina. It was just sitting in some guy's boat!

So yesterday I wrote a love letter to my husband.

We had a talk on Monday night about how our romance life is going, and without divulging too many personal details, I'll just say that we need some spice in our life.

We had such a hard year in 2004 with the loss of his father and the hard work going into completing his thesis. I know that we both need to make changes to make our relationship more of a priority and when I get to carrying on about it, all I end up doing is blaming it all on him.

I realized that I was doing that, and that it was so wrong. So I wrote to him because I knew that I'd be without distraction and less likely to get annoyed by anything.

When I went to sleep he was staying up to watch The West Wing. They put it on late here because it is not one of the more popular shows. I don't like it either and I was tired.

I snuck into the bathroom and taped it where he would find it while I was asleep and be able to read it in private.

He thanked me for it this morning. It is a start. I invited him out for a date for when we have a bit more breathing room in our finances because we are a bit broke at the moment and he said that was a good idea.

So now I need romantic date ideas. I could do the dinner thing, but that is done and tired. I will have to come up with something really good, and be armed with a plan so that the night accomplishes what I'm setting out to do. Food may be involved, but just eating out is not all that intimate.

Also, it is worthy to note please visit The California Hammonds, for every comment received a donation will be made to the National Breast Cancer Foundation's programs for breast cancer education and low-cost and free mammograms for low-income women. Please go there and comment.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I hear you on the getting back to romance thing. My boyfriend is a first year high school teacher and he rarely has an evening to spend with me. So once a week we have a "date" night where we discuss and decide in advance what kinds of things we would enjoy doing together for the evening. Sometimes it's nothing more than watching our fav TV show and ordering a pizza, but it's the time relaxing, laughing together, and talking that's most important. We tend to like getting dressed up nicely for our date nights and that adds a bit of extra "charge" to the evening too.

Some of the more romantic things we've done for date night are: take a hot bath together by candlelight, cook a 4 course meal together, take evening walks to the coffee shop, read (sometimes erotic) stories to each other, at home massage. We also bought some satin sheets and a fake fur blanket that we take out now and then for some extra tactile fun.

Just think of the things you most enjoyed doing together when you were first dating and go from there.

-virg
Anonymous said…
there are some great ideas there! What area of sa are you in? because I saw that there is botanical gardens cinema - maybe there and then supper and a walk on the beach? I've never been. Just a bit far from here , but I am thinking that it would be kind of nice - especially if you take a blanket and had some public "touchies feelies". Woo! Need a cold shower!
Argy said…
I am at a similar situation. I have neglected my husband lately, with all this work and madness and my mother's illness. So I was thinking about something to do to make it up to him, and also to bring myself back to the "mood". Right now I'm a bit feverish and all I can think of is "i dont wanna go to work" lol, but if I come up with something I will be back here to let you know. Actually I HAVE to come up with something, because it is only 3 days to saturday!
Denise said…
How about a picnic? A gentle, easy hike somewhere pretty followed by a nice little lunch that you put together in a pretty basket (or just a cooler).
Anonymous said…
Breast Cancer education
Common Breast Cancer Myths

The first myth pertaining to this disease is that it only affects women.

Second myth that is associated with this disease is that if one has found a lump during an examination, it is cancer.

Third is that it is solely hereditary

The next myth associated with breast cancer is downright ridiculous. Would you believe, that in this day and age, some individuals still think that breast cancer is contagious?

Conversely, some individuals foolishly believe that breast size determines whether or not one gets cancer.

Finally, another myth that is associated with this disease is that it only affects older people. This is not so. Although the chance of getting breast cancer increases with age, women as young as 18 have been diagnosed with the disease.

You can find a number of helpful informative articles on Breast Cancer education at breast-cancer1.com

Breast Cancer education

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?