Skip to main content

I gave my love a chicken, it had no bones. Mmmmm Chicken!

After all that heavy stuff from yesterday, it is time to lighten this place up a bit.

To fill my time this afternoon instead of napping or watching tv, or exercising, I surfed BE, and I actually commented on sites that had interesting current entries.

A side note about that to anyone interested -- it is very hard to read novel length entries when one is surfing! I know, I know, I'm not one to talk.

I like comments so I thought it wouldn't hurt to spread some comment love. I learned that from Michele.

And that guy that did the hate entry about her, well he is just one guy. She is way better than he is. Take it from me, but I know you don't have to, because you know it too.

Now, a random list of weird foods my cat likes/eats:

-Asparagus -- he likes the juice if it is out of a can too.

-Low-fat laughing cow cheese spread -- you should see him licking his jaws after that!

-Avocado -- he must have a thing in particular for green foods.

I know I shouldn't indulge his people food interest no matter how interesting it is, but I always feel guilty when he sits on my table and reaches his paw out to me (as if he could reach). I am such a sucker.

You know what is really sad? Today I broke one of my 2 week diet rules by having a diet coke. I had decided that if I was thirsty during these 2 weeks that all I could have would be water, or tea/coffee. I gave in while shopping and had to have one diet vanilla coke. I didn't buy a 2-liter bottle though. Of all things to cheat on, I choose a diet coke.

Also you never realize how many carb-based foods you eat until you take them away. I'm missing everything. My mouth was drooling while I was shopping. I wanted a cheesymite scroll, sorry if you're not aussie you don't know what that is, pretzels, cherries, and yogurt.

It is hard to believe people actually ban fruit from their diet for more than 2 weeks!

I'm also finding it difficult to limit my vegetables. I may have already complained about not being able to eat carrots, peas, and corn.

I still don't know how mr. ralph is going to survive this thing if he chooses to join me because those are the only vegetables he really likes. Who eats a salad that is made solely of lettuce and cheese?

Oh, and about cheese. I love cheese. I adore the stuff. I usually don't eat a lot of it because when you add crackers the points add up. Now that I can have cheese as a snack daily (only 30 grams of course & lowfat) I am not all that excited about it. Cheese without crackers is a silly as Dolly Parton without big boobies, or Sara Marie (Big Brother buffs) without Bunny ears.

My favorite new snack is a lettuce wrap: take a lettuce leaf and lay flat, place your favorite low-fat meat slice (I use roast chicken) and then spread low-fat cheese spread thinly across the meat, finally place a piece of capsican (that is bellpepper for my US readers) in the middle and roll up. Try this, you will be amazed how yummy it is, and really, really low in fat/points.

And the last thing I will say about this diet (for now at least) is that I am still hungry. Although I am eating around 16-18 points a day (when I am allowed 20), the menu is not filling to me. If I ate the same amount of points the way I normally eat, I'd feel much fuller, BUT I do think that it is working. I am excited to see what the scale will read on Saturday.

I hope you are all visiting the BoB awards daily and giving your votes to someone, and if you have no one else to vote for, why not me or Denise? I hear she is doing much better than me so far so I say lets help her out to get ahead.

And for laughs you have got to see this experiment some guy did by dialing a # from a song in every area code and recorded the results. Talk about boredom!

Comments

i think hat if this were in any way a fair world carbs would make you skinny. carbs and chocolate. oh just think.

alas.

i speak from experience when i sa that your body WILL get used to this. you will start to feel less hungry very soon. buck up, johnny, you can do it!
Crayonsetc said…
I found your blog through BOB... and now you are on my blogroll. And like you, when surfing BE... it is hard to read really long posts!!
Anonymous said…
o.k what is BE? I am such a dick when it comes to this!
RisibleGirl said…
Hey there! Thanks for visiting my site. I'm really glad that you did because from what I've read so far, I think you're going to become a daily read for me.

thanks for commenting so I could find your little gem!

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?