Skip to main content

Time to stop slacking

As I was opening my browser I noticed this headline that jumped out at me. Johnny Carson is dead, I can't believe it. The family only said he died peacefully in the night and that they will not give the cause of death nor will there be a memorial service. No memorial service for the King of Late Night?? That is unbelievable. And to die at such a young age. To me folks 79 is not that old. I grew up with Johnny on my parents late night TV, it is almost like losing a loved one. Another icon from my childhood has passed. Rest in peace Johnny.

Last night at dinner with the mum-in-law I had a huge piece of chicken and instead of leaving half of it on my plate I ate it all. Why you ask? I do not know. I felt like it? Crazy. So afterwards I ate 3 chocolates and started thinking. Why am I eating? I am not hungry. I've formed this bad habit by being to relaxed about my points and tracking. I've allowed myself to slip off track.

In realizing it, I didn't exactly freak out, but I made a mental note to myself that today, Monday will be a tracking day. I will have a really low-point day as per my new amended Wendie Plan, and I will see it through for the week. I will also exercise. It is not the end of the world, but I cannot ignore the fact that I have been a total slacker of late. If I want to reach my goal by the end of March I cannot let this get out of hand.

I feel good about myself, really good. When I wear skirts these days I'm not all that self-conscious about my legs. I wear sleeveless shirts with total confidence. I don't cringe when I see myself in the glass of a window. I want to keep this peace I am beginning to have, I do not want to let it go. I also want to be at goal by the end of March. So that said, it is time to get serious about this.

Comments

Argy said…
It is great you realised what you want to do so soon! When I fall of the wagon it usually takes me a couple of days to get back! When I was doing WW the wendie plan worked miracles for me at, I wish you the best on this! :)
Anonymous said…
I think the not freaking out part is so important. It's realizing the "hey, why am I doing this?" then just deciding to move on rather than beating yourself up about. It seems like more time than not, people will use the "failure" part as an excuse to just be full out bad, causing an awful circle of "badness".

I like the 80/20 rule. Good 80% of the time and not so hot 20%. Basically, that's life. It must be wonderful to see yourself in "that" way. I can't wait to reach that point!

Good for you, and I have absolutely no doubt you'll reach your goal!

Oh, Johnny died of emphysmia I believe :( Very sad indeed

fatgirl
http://losingfatgirl.typepad.com

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?