Skip to main content

On falling off the wagon

This week has been ridiculous. I am not sure what part of my brain happens to be controlling things, but it is like somehow I got put on autopilot and everything I think I should be doing is the opposite of what happens.

So I blew it last night. I ate pizza (2 slices), cashews, and drank 4 regular bottles of Becks. That was my dinner. I had already eaten about 10 points before all of that hoping that if I had a normal day leading up to it, I'd be strong like Silverella.

But nope, I'm not. I'm not even close to strong.

So what now? I have 2 days before weigh-in. I'm still on my period, still just sitting here like a tub of lard not wanting to get up and move my arse.

I know I will have a gain. It is inevitable. I stood on the scale about 15 minutes ago and yes, I was indeed up. I don't even want to say how much, but it wasn't a whole kilo at least.

I wish I could say I am in a good place about all of this. That I can just move on and start doing things right and that it isn't going to bug the shit out of me for the next 2 days. But, I'd be lying you see, and I can't do that.

I also have drinks to go to on Friday night now. Yeah. How stupid is that? I know better than to plan shit on Friday nights. I think I am going to skip Weight Watchers altogether this week. It may be a good idea to spend some time today really rethinking my strategy.

Maybe somehow I burnt out without even knowing it? I just fell off the wagon rather slowly throughout the week starting with that date night.

I know it is not the end of the world if I gain weight this week. I will be ok. I can get my act together. I just wish that I didn't let a small setback worry me so much.

I need to allow myself to be human. I'm a shitass perfectionist and it sucks to admit that I didn't exert more control. That is really where the problem lies.

Today I'm going shopping. I've got some things on my mind I'd like to buy, but I'll probably do a lot of browsing. We have our taxes now and have a little extra cash, but I know we have bills and I don't want to overdo it and be flatass broke again by next week.

Mr. ralph applied for a position at the University that is the same as what he is currently doing, but full-time and really good pay. We need it so badly, but he hasn't heard back from the department yet to say he got it.

I'm going to have a low-point day today without a doubt, and the walking around whilst shopping should at least be something valuable. I'm hoping the shopping endorphins kick in and I start to feel better. Gain or no gain, I'm still moving right along.

Going to keep moving forward, there is nowhere else for me to go.

Post Script
Just couldn't wait for tomorrow, you'll be so proud!

I sat here reading blogs for a while, feeling rather sulky, and then I said, "to hell with it." I got up, put on my walking shoes and hit the pavement. I went for a brisk 20 minute walk, and it didn't kill me! I am covered in sweat and hot as hell as the temperature around here is pretty fierce and humid, but I DID IT.

I'm suffering from new neck soreness since that stupid taxi accident. I want to get a new x-ray, but the taxi company actually told mr. ralph that the person that handles complaints had left for the day and we'd get a call back. Have we? Nope. Going to need to call them again today.

Comments

Argy said…
I am just so proud for you for taking that walk!!! I cannot think of anything more uplifting than that right now! When one starts working - the exercise now for you - the other - better eating - cannot but follow!!!
*hugs*

P.S. I am not strong really *blush*. Just the good ole all-or-nothing typa gal. Right now I'm on my nothing mode. But oh boy you would be scared if you see me in the all mode...lol.
Pink Poppy said…
Hola Amiga! Michele sent me. Don't mind me...I'm just scavenging...
Anonymous said…
Alright! Getting up to walk took alot of self control as it is. You have come far and sometimes, just sometimes we have to let ourselves have things we like. You've certainly come far you should be proud of yourself too rather than us proud of you!! Oh, and it's the scavanger hunt ..
Sol
gloves are off when you have your period. eat what you want and drink water to flush the toxins. tell your body i said it was okay.

i love walking. you wanna go for a walk later? i'll go. let's go. but let's do it there. too cold here.
Denise said…
I wish I could say I was here with the Scavenger Hunt, but, alas, the directions were too complicated and I can't figure it out, so I'm just here to tell you that I know you're wonderful, you know it, too, and that this, too, shall pass!

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?