Skip to main content

Weekend of Indulgence Part II

My apologies for the delay in getting this 2nd set of photos published for you guys, but I've been a bit tired. We had daylight savings over the weekend and I had to work yesterday! Of course I am off work today and first thing I find is that blogger is on a hiatus for a few hours. This will be even later in getting to the masses, but at least I have it. Plans are to do the final one before the day is up.

Maxwell Winery


Here is our first stop of the morning on the 2nd day, Maxwell Wine and Mead. Mr. ralph loved this place so much when we visited last year we had to come back just to buy a few bottles of mead. Yes it is the real thing, and it is made with honey so it is really sweet, which of course is the reason he likes it.

You can also see how they process the grapes inside this winery from a huge open window into the processing area. This is the only winery we've been to that gives you that much of an up-close viewing. I also bought a bottle of some sweet white wine here that I loved from the first sip.

a real hedge maze


That is me up there with the very large bum. I think that no matter how skinny I get, that rear is still going to stick out. I was blessed genetically you might say. Anyway, at Maxwell's they have a hedge maze and mr. Ralph and I ventured in. It isn’t too big so we didn't get lost. It was fun.

d'arenburg winery


The next place we stopped at was the d'arenburg winery. As you can tell from the crest, this place has a sense of history to it. Out the front was a small building we went and had a look at which could have been used at one time as a cellar. The landscaping was gorgeous and I think the place had the most comprehensive list of wines and the cleverest names for them as well. I didn't purchase anything here, mainly because I knew I'd be going to a lot more wineries and didn't want to make my purchases too early.

rousemount estate


Next up was Rosemount Estate, which of course was stunning as well. The thing is, it is very difficult to not call these places gorgeous. They're all beautiful in their own unique way. At Rosemount we were able to see a lot of wine barrels as well as smell the roses as it were.

After that we went to one final winery called Scarpentini where I discovered a beautiful black kitty that I spent most of the visit scratching. It loved me. Unfortunately we don't have any pics of this cat, and the sign was half cut off by my husband's expert photography. But soon after this we were lunching at a local cafe and soaking up more of the surroundings.

views


After an afternoon of rest, reading and some snoozing, we got ourselves dressed up for another dinner in the restaurant. This time I was prepared for how large the servings would be and we both decided to only order a main and a dessert.

dinner on the 2nd night


While walking to the dining area we goofed off by taking lots of photos. The darkness made some of them difficult, but it was still fun nonetheless. And as you can see, we were blessed with a very idyllic setting.

hotel grounds


hotel grounds


And the dinner? Well, I ate beef cutlets with this fritatta that had lots of potatoes and asparagus with hollandaise sauce on the side. I could only eat a little over half the beef and a third of the fritatta. The dessert I had was rockyroad icecream sitting inside this really tart cherry sauce with flake chocolate sticking out the side. It was delectable. I didn't eat it all either, but trust me I was full. I also had a few bites of mr. ralph's brownie. Yum.

Comments

Anonymous said…
what a lovely time you had. thanks for sharing pics. makes me feel like i was almost on a wee vacation too ;)

by the way, you looked amazing in that dress (the one you posted pics of previously). seriously. hot hot hot.
Argy said…
loooverly!!!!!

Great pics...great smile...great place!!!

Im just delighted with your trip and how much you seem to enjoy it!

And hey!!! Happy belated aniversary too!!!!
CheekyMoo said…
Love the pictures, and the dress! And happy belated anniversary. Luckily for us Jennifer Lopez has pulled the bootie straight into being fashionable. I think you look great!

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?