Skip to main content

On again off again

I know that blogger has been having its problems lately, but so far so good today. It took me forever to publish yesterday's entry.

This one wont be that long actually. I just wanted to check in to say I received a compliment from someone yesterday (well they didn't know it was one).

The physio who has never met me before made a comment about my new chair saying that the seat is adjustable (it pulls outwards in front) for *whisper* "larger people". But, she said, "You do not have that problem."

I've not stopped thinking about what she said since then. I know it probably would have rolled off the back of some skinny person who has never had a weight problem, but it truly meant something to me to hear someone else referring to me as a skinny person.

Does anyone else know what I mean?

It was like, "Wow. She doesn't think I have a weight problem!"

What a huge thing. I can't believe that I still feel like this enourmous person, but on the outside others see me as being thin.

Psychologically this was a very remarkable thing.

And, yes I have a new chair, and a new footrest, also my monitor is at a new level and further away from my face. Hopefully this will help ease up the tension in my shoulders.

Comments

Anonymous said…
this is a major moment, isn't it. you're not the fat girl anymore. time to see yourself the way we do? that is so not easy though! ack!

congrats on the good feelings you got from someone who doesn't know what you used to look like so you know they're not saying you look good 'compared' to how you use to look.

you just look good ;)
CheekyMoo said…
I can really relate to that. It really took me a while to not see myself as the fat girl. When people call me Slim and Skinny Minnie my first instinct for a while was to tell them where to go. It would take a few minutes to realize they weren't poking fun at me. It takes a while for our brains to catch up with our bodies. You're looking good and almost there! I don't even know what I'll do the day I hit goal. The day I went under 200 pounds I sat and cried like a baby I was so happy.
Anonymous said…
I've never really had that particular experience, mostly because I've always been very plus-sized even when I'm slim and fit.

I have the opposite situation, where I'm much stronger and more nimble than a woman my size is "supposed" to be. I saw a new doctor and she took one look at me and turned around to get a footstool so I could get up onto the table, and by the time she turned around I was there. You could have knocked her over with a feather. LOL
Argy said…
I'm so glad for you! You do look thin you know! And you know why? Because you are!!!!
Denise said…
Well, of course she didn't think you were fat...you're not! No matter what YOU see when you look in the mirror, everyone else just sees a normal, thin girl - good for you for your hard work and dedication to make that happen. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?