Skip to main content

Glowing from head to toe

I'm honored that all of you have come by to visit and wish me a Happy Birthday. In the end I didn't cry about turning 30, that is if you don't count the pre-mental beakdown of last Friday night. But that was more about weight frustrations than anything.

Do I have any wisdom to offer the world? Of course! That is why I'm here blogging away my secrets of weight loss success. Because the truth is I have succeeded. I have lost an enormous amount of weight. So last Saturday night was a celebration of turning 30, but also a celebration of me.

It was good.

This week has been hectic and painful. Work is causing me to have back spasms. The good news is they are now going to have a physio come look at my work station to make sure that I have a good chair, desk height, computer height etc. Why they didn't think of this before, well... they are a corporation. They only do what they have to do. I think since I keep complaining they are afraid they will be liable for even more hospital bills in the end. Wish me luck with that.

My weight this week will probably stay about the same around 69 kilos, that is if I can keep up the routine of the past few days. I've been eating very conservatively because of all the excess from the Birthday celebrations. I even had a piece of delish mud cake on Sunday because every birthday girl deserves some cake!

I have written one of those "about me" lists, but to honor my turning 30, it is just 30 things, and not a list of 100 or 1000 to wade through. Hope you enjoy, and I've missed you guys this week. I'm anticipating having more time once my body gets accustomed to this whole working full-time thing again.

Thirty things about me:

1 I was a part of a religious cult/sect for 5 years from the ages of 19-25. If interested in details inquire within.

2 I have been on 4 continents, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Only one left to go!

3 I met my husband on the internet at a place called lambda moo. I am such a modern woman.

4 I met my favorite singer from my teenage years, Les Claypool, lead singer/ bass player for the band called Primus. It was actually disappointing. He did not meet my high expectations and I soon dropped them off my play list.

5 I saw Nirvana in concert in New Orleans for their last concert tour not long before Cobain committed suicide. When I heard about his suicide I was on my way to work at Uni and I cried.

6 I've studied Spanish for 5 years and although am rusty, can speak it fluently.

7 I have volunteered for a non-profit organization and spent a few weeks helping out in a orphanage in Mexico City.

8 Whilst in Mexico I saw the opening of the cartoon Tarzan in Spanish; I also saw the US opening in English.

9 I also climbed to the very top of the Piramides de Teotihuacan in Mexico City.

10 I've lived in the following places: Baton Rouge, LA; Wiggins, MS; Littlefork, MN; Alburquerque, NM; Las Cruces, NM; Louisville, Kentucky; and Adelaide, South Australia.

11 I was arrested when I was 18 on a bogus charge of trespassing, with a group of about 30 students on Halloween in a graveyard performing a seance. We were sentenced with a few hours of community service (we cleaned a city street one afternoon) and the charges were erased from our records.

12 I've smoked my fair share of maryjane and tried acid once but thankfully it had no affect and I am now Drug Free.

13 I have a tattoo on my left leg just above my ankle of a butterfly that I got while visiting a friend in Germany.

14 There are only a few things that I refuse to eat among those is Squid and Octypus. Anything with suckers freaks me out.

15 I eat Kangaroo, it is yummy.

16 I lost my virginity when I was 18.

17 I also got my driver's license that same year.

18 Also that year I moved out of my parent's house. Coincidence?

19 I love cats and have had so many in my lifetime I can't even remember them all, but those that stand out in my memory are:
Seventoes, Cootsie Wootsie, Peaches, Spunky Brewster, MableFat, Nobbie (who still lives with my mom) and Buckley.

20 I love SpongeBob Squarepants.

21 I salivate when I smell vegemite; I think it is amazing.

22 People say that I am a perfectionist, I would have to agree.

23 I've experienced and survived a lot of trauma in my lifetime, this has made me very strong.

24 My hair has been every color except Black.

25 My nose is slightly crooked (look closely) because my sister pelted me with a baseball when I was 16 and broke my nose. I had 2 black eyes and never saw a doctor.

26 And if you couldn't confer from the above statement, I am horrible at all sports except I have an unnatural love of volleyball although I am only 5' 3".

27 If you want to make my day, make me something. I love homemade gifts.

28 I am horrible at dates and have forgotten my own mother's b-day more than once. (I know!!!)

29 I do not like the new Star Wars movies, and in fact I didn't see the old ones until I was in my early 20's.

30 My favorite Spanish word is Mariposa, and it means butterfly, plus the butterfly is symbolic of change and new beginnings which I also love.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like mariposa too! My second favorite word is cacahuate, because it's so fun to say. Feliz cumpleanos, from a "lurker" who is inspired daily by your blog.
Argy said…
When I was studying for my Master in Brussels, after the first 3 totally gloomy months of contant rain and suicidal thoughts, a Spanish girl joined the uni. You have no idea what it means for a mediterennean woman to meet another in a huge group of students from every gloomy and cold country you can imagine! I used to adore listening to her speaking to her family and friends on the phone, this language is like music! Unfortunately, all she taught me were the bad words...like cohones and maricon and hijo de puta and the likes...lol
But together, we did burn the city down!!!!
Great post today, you had me smilling all over it!
Anonymous said…
Fun! I think these lists are a great way to get to know people. :)
Crayonsetc said…
Well I hope you had a wonderful birthday!! I loved turning 30 (I can say that now... I am looking at 40 this summer)!!
Ms Gigglepuss said…
Youch, work sounds pretty painful. I sure hope they can alleviate the agony for you...it's amazing what a good chair, desk height, and such candofor you. Congrats on being 30 and I love your list of thirty things!
Ms. Lori said…
Happy belated, babycakes! Also, congrats on almost reaching your weight goal. You look absolutely gorgeous in those photos below -- love the blue dress.

Oh, and I cried, too, when I heard of Kurt's death.
Anonymous said…
babe - i could definitely wade through 100 hundred things about you! you are amazing!
kimba said…
Oh I love lists about people! Why did you stop at 30? heh. Thanks for sharing, I feel like I know you a little better now.

Well done on the Spanish fluency - I love Spanish and once took a beginner's course and decided all that verb conjugation was way too hard! So I took up Indonesian instead. In which 'butterfly' is 'kupu-kupu' - cute, huh?

Useless Trivia: In Indonesia they call prostitutes 'kupu-kupu malam' which means 'Night Butterflies'. Now there's a euphemism for ya :)

PS Vegemite makes me salivate too...

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?