Skip to main content

The eyes have it

how pretty


Yesterday was going very well. I had a great meeting with the physio who has ordered me a new chair, new footrest, and something to raise my monitor. She told me lots of tips about how to keep myself fresh and prevent back aches.

Then we went for a walk in the afternoon. I was so proud of myself!

But then when we got home I noticed something very strange about or kid, buckley. One of his eyes was very dialated and the other pupil was quite constricted and they weren't returning to normal. I of course totally freaked out. We drove him straight to the Animal hospial that is near us and I cried the whole time. I just knew they were going to tell me it was fatal, I couldn't get a hold of myself.

After we finally got seen after waiting in for 45 minutes with a bunch of dogs scaring my baby, the doctor checked him out and said that there weren't any signs of anything major or fatal, but he also couldn't figure out why his eye was like that. In the end he gave him some anti-infammatory drugs and said that maybe he had sustained some sort of bump to his head or neck that didn't cause any major injury to him because he didn't have any noticable lumps or scrapes, but it was enough to make his eye stay constricted. He sent us home and told us that it should work itself out over the course of the week, but if we notice anything else we should bring him bcack in.

This morning he seems normal, except his eye is still not dialating to full capacity.

I think that the weird siamese cat must have hit him because it has been coming in our yard and staring in our windows crying this weird gutteral cry at Buckley. He just did it now and I had to chase him away. We're not letting Buckley outside for a while because that cat doesn't like him and since Buckley is so friendly it is very likely that the stupid cat hurt him. I am so mad right now. I just chased it away with a broom, I mean how dare it come in our yard and sit in our window and growl at my baby??

Arrgh!

Now I don't even know what I was going to say next. Except that I am still worried about him. I didn't want to go to work today, but he seems okay, it doesn't seem to be affecting his sight or anything so I will go to work.

But I also went for a walk/run this morning for 25 minutes. How crazy is that, 2 days in a row. I'm on a roll baby. Keep my Buckley in your prayers, and I will leave you with a picture of me from last night's walk in my size 12 non-stretch jeans.

size AU 12 non-stretch jeans

Comments

Anonymous said…
poor baby! i hope he's okay.

you look so nice out on your walk. i love walks and can't wait for the snow to go so we can get out there. i told my hubby today that once the snow melts he better be ready for daily treks. especially the days our son goes to preschool because the girl will nap while we walk so we'll be able to chat. we used to have the best chats on our walks. i miss that!

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?