Skip to main content

A watched scale never budges

Three days back on a healthy eating plan and the scale is not going anywhere. Disgusting. I can't believe it! I can't believe I weighed myself this morning either. I know better than to do this to myself.

One of the main things R. (the psychologist) said to me that I can't stop thinking about is that experts are now saying the healthiest amount of weight to loose is 1-2 pounds a month. That is under a kilo a month! Freaking A! Unbelievable isn't it? I used to beat myself up if I didn't loose that in a week.

She also told me she thinks that I should aim to be 65 instead of 58 kilos. I'm still thinking that over.

But somewhere The_Scale_Gods are laughing at me. You should never weigh yourself this much kids. It is not good for you.

I have started using the free SparkPeople food and exercise tracker. It is similar to some other ones out there you have to pay for. So far the only thing I've tracked is food and I am keeping under the recommended calories (it is American) but most of the food I eat is available. I haven't tried their recommended meal plans yet, but am seriously thinking of it.

I walked to work from the bus yesterday (10 mins) and back (10 mins) and wanted to get off the bus early to walk some more but it was so freaking hot (38C) that I didn't. I have got to get this arse moving more. At least I am getting the extra walk in the morning that I stopped doing just before Christmas.

At the moment I am seriously enjoying Diet Girl's 5 part anniversary series. She is just so amazing.

Comments

Kathryn said…
Yikes - less than a kilo a month! That is indeed freaky. It would take forever (well for me anyway). I guess the beauty of a target like that is that you can exceed it but I think if I aimed for that, I'd be more likely to overindulge.
Shannin said…
I like the idea of 1-2 pounds per week! If it was only 1-2 pounds per month, it would take forever to lose any significant weight.

Love the new blog look...
Anonymous said…
heya sweety! i was thinking maybe your body might need some messing up. What about some latin dance classes or something? There are some classes that are social and free.
I've heard that new number too.

I really, really like Airlies idea about latin dancing classes.

Shake your shit girl. Enjoy yourself and see what happens. Your last few kilos of excess fat will have it's hands up in the air dancing and fall off your body because it looses grip. Or something.

Im tired.. LOL
Belladora said…
I weigh myself every morning and sometimes even in the evenings. I tried putting the scale away, but it didn't work. Just try to remember it will budge, just not when you expect it to usually:) I'm in the same boat...I've been working my butt off and it went UP the past 2 days. GRRRR!
Pink Pen said…
Have you been to pounds2go? we've got quite the community over there of people determined to get the weight off. Very supportive... Hope to see you there.

michele sent me.

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?