Skip to main content

The anti-resolution entry

Well. It has finally begun. How did I spend the first day of 2006? In bed, mostly. And I ate horribly. I was recovering from all the booze I had the night before. I had a perfect excuse.

I was lazy and ate McDonalds for dinner. I felt completely horrible afterwards. It was actually the ONLY meal I've eaten from there in over a year. And it was my first meal of the new year? Splendid!

What does that mean? Well I have some thinking to do. I want to change things around before it gets any worse.

I have go step on the scale. We have to get a starting weight for 2006. I have to know where I stand when I go into battle.

It is not just a battle over the will. It is an emotional battle. It is a war waged on fat. I will not let evil prevail. |smile|

There will not be any resolutions this year because I will simply do what I know is right for my body. We all know what those things are: Exercise. Eating lots of fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and lean meat. Sleeping enough. Sexing up the hubs. And continuing the track to mental health that I am on.

Exercise has been pretty non-existent in the last 6 months. This has got to change. I need to do it. I need to find ways to exercise that will improve my health.

I've got a few ideas about how to change the way I eat so that I don't get bored. I've been eating a lot of the same foods over and over again. This is not good for me. I am the person that changes her hair colour once a month because she is bored.

Boredom is a real problem.

Laziness is also a huge problem. Most of the time I don't eat badly because I desire it, but because I am too lazy to cook the right thing. Yesterday was case in point. I really wanted a healthy meal but couldn't be arsed to make one.

I also need to help the hubs. He has put on a few kilos in the past 6 months. I haven't been helping him. I stopped exercising and so did he. I realise now that I was a lot of his motivation and I just have not been there for him. This will change now.

I've got a goal. Once I know what I weigh then I can share it with you. But I will only focus on 2 kilos at a time. No matter how long it takes me. I will stop once I've reached 58. I think 58 is low enough that I have a little breathing room, but not super skinny either.

So I've got 2 kilos to lose. If I am right I weigh around 68/69. I will update once I know.

Comments

Marisa said…
Happy New Year Ms. Ralph (and Mr. Ralph too!)!

There's nothing like the new year to give us pause for reflection. I look forward to it.
Shannin said…
I hope that 2006 brings you joy and peace, and much success. I know there have been many bumps in the road this year, and I can only think it will be smoother sailing this year.
Denise said…
I think you've got the right idea with your (non) resolutions and I wish you all the best in 2006!
TC said…
Many happies for 2006.

Yep, it's all about the non resolution and mental health this year. Exercise and diet are all very well, but if the grey matter isn't taken care of, then none of it is worth a damn.

Here's to a whole bunch of inner peace and harmony to all of us!
Argy said…
I loved this post Beckie!!!

I love your plan too!

You have gone a long way darling. Have the brightest of years!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?