Skip to main content

Happy Birthday mr. ralph

Today is mr. ralph's 29th birthday. I made him breakfast in bed this morning even though I feel horrible still. I couldn't let his morning go by without doing something special.

Just before he left I got upset at him because I was looking for our marriage certificate and I saw the state of our office. This place is full of meaningless paper stacked everywhere. Online articles etc. you name it, we've got it. Why we have to keep it I have no idea. The state of our office is awful. We need to get rid of so much stuff. I finally did find the marriage certificate though, which is good because I only have until the 22nd of June to turn in my application for permanent residency.

I weighed myself this morning and am not pleased, but it is all to be expected. I've been doing absolutely nothing but sitting at home, sleeping, or eating since I fell sick on Monday night. I have decided to give myself grace for this week though and I'm not going to attend my WW meeting. I will focus on getting myself well by resting.

I do plan on curbing the carbo intake as I've dramatically increased it in the previous days. We're going out to dinner tonight to celebrate the hubs b-day with his mum and brother, and I probably won't have much choice in what I eat.

As I said, this week is a total write off. But these things happen. Next week I hopefully will be over this dreaded virus or whatever it is and I can get myself into gear. I can't let winter win the weight battle!

Comments

Wenchy said…
Yes, be kind to yourself. Get well.
Argy said…
I agree with christel, be kind and nurturing to yourself!
Denise said…
Offices are meant to be disaster areas - don't stress it, just go with the (messy) flow. :)

Popular posts from this blog

All it takes is determination

I got my butt up this morning and did a 20-minute walk/jog, and it was still DARK outside. You proud of me?? Sure you are! I didn't do so well with my eating on the weekend, but this is not going to stand in my way. I know that in order to push through and lose more than what I've been averaging since Christmas (500-800 grams a week) I have got to stick to the Wendie Plan for the rest of this week and to my new lower points intake of 18 a day as well as exercise . I said the dreaded word, but it is true. I can do this. I have decided that there will be no excuses. I will apply to be this year's WW Slimmer of The Year. I can't let anything stand in my way. Thanks to all of you for getting behind me with this. Your support is so crucial because I am feeling high and on top of the world right now, but I know there will be days that I will feel like giving up the fight when I will start thinking it is just to hard and I know I will be going back and reading all your w...

Weigh-in March 5th

I weighed in at 68.1, and was amazed to discover that I lost 800 grams this week. I've only got just over 5 kilos left to lose before I reach my goal. Like WOW. I mean wow. I am pinching myself. Can you believe this? A weight loss 2 weeks in a row?!?! I mean jeez, imagine what I could do if I got my butt up off the couch and started exercising. I think I owe it all to the Wendie Plan, which by the way I told all my fellow weight watcher' members about today. I tried to tell them anyway, but I couldn't say a whole lot because our leader likes to hog all the air time. It is weird. I've never felt so shut down in a place where we should all be sharing our ideas with each other. Isn't it a support group, not a one-woman-show? Plus she is boring and only talks about the same thing over and over again. I've heard enough about low GI foods, exercising, how her daughter is a dancer, and how good it is to eat protein for breakfast. I would try out a different ...

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.