Skip to main content

Weigh-in May 28th

Remember how I wanted to be at goal by May 20th? Bah!

I had a disappointing weigh-in today by gaining back 200 grams. I now weigh 65.2 kilos. It could be a lot worse though because mid-week I was up 2 kilos!

I have a confession to make. Winter is my worst season. All I want to do is eat. Being cold makes me feel awful and I think that I must have experienced a lot of trauma during colder months because I always feel more susceptible to overeating for emotional reasons.

Also warmer food = more kilojoules. This is fact. When I eat my trusty salads and tinned fish like salmon or tuna, I always end up craving something thick and warm instead like toasted bread or a big bowl of fat laden creamy soup that they serve up in our canteen.

I have been making very low-Cal veggie soups for the past two weeks, but I've failed to be successful this week with my weight loss because I ate like a pig last weekend and no amount of cutting back during the week could save me.

Plus I hate winter exercise. All I want to do is cocoon myself in warm clothes and sit where it is warm, preferably drinking hot chocolate...

Is this all sounding like a gigantic moan fest? Well it is in a way, because I don't know if I will reach my goal during this winter. Surely 2 kilos can't be that hard to lose after all I've already lost? A guy in my meeting this week has been on the WW program for something like 5 weeks and he told me this week he lost 2.4 kilos, and that was without exercise!

Stupid men and their wonderful metabolisms.

I've already indulged on my breakfast at our local Billy Baxters with a chicken/cheese/avocado doorstop and a side of fries. It is my super high point day, and the best day to overindulge is right after a weigh in because it is the furthest away from the next one, but something tells me that if I don't plan my week carefully with lots of 0 to low point warm food options I will be right back in this same spot next weekend.

At least my brain is ticking and I'm aware of all the pitfalls. Now I just need to make up my mind that I will not let circumstance or the season get the better of me.

Comments

lainb said…
I'm with you on that--I hate winter too! It's cold exercising outside and it's such a hassle wearing big bulky clothes. Luckily, I'm just heading into our summer so I'm excited. Do you ever make pumpkin soup? I ate that a lot in Aust...it's super yummy & really filling (with a side of warm crusty bread...double-yum!).
Unknown said…
A ww leader once told us that her winter weight is 2kg higher than her summer weight, so maybe 65kg will be your winter weight and 63kg your summer weight. Just a thought, although Im sure you will get to goal during winter. It must be so exciting to be so close to goal and to have lost almost 40kg.

You are an amazing inspiration Ms Ralph!!!
Kathryn said…
I'm with you on exercising in winter... it's just too cold to leave the house. I forced myself out for a walk last night. At least I walk fast to warm up.

I do love soup. It is good to try different combinations rather than just an "all in" vegie soup. That can get a bit boring after a while. I've been making one that is a kinda Asian style - stock, heaps of garlic and ginger, capsicum, asian greens and other vegies (anything you'd put into a stir fry really) and half a packet of hokkien noodles. It is esp good after a day or two.
Wenchy said…
Hey. I just love your blog.. maybe because you have lots so much weight and I have so much to do. I love how real you are.

Yes, I am finding winter harder also.... fighting against that hot chocolate.

Btw, I've started an additional blog. www.dawench.blogdrive.com - to document my weight loss. Thanks for the encouragement.

You are a gift.
Christel
Denise said…
I was reading your post and wondering why you were moaning about Winter until I realized that your seasons are different there than here - LOL. I did so much better during Winter than I have since it started getting warmer that I'd gladly switch with you, but I know that you're going to do fabulously well regardless!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?