Skip to main content

Back in the groove

So yes, as you have probably read, Saturday was a junk food day. But after I got that out of my system, I got up on Sunday and went for a 45 minute walk. During that time I was thinking about this whole process.

Yes, it really made me angry to not have a bigger loss during the detox, but nothing is worth going backwards over. I don't even know if I could go backwards now, healthy eating is so ingrained in me.

So after going nuts in the grocery store I'm not eating normal again, and I couldn't be happier!

Things I bought that I couldn't eat on the detox: peaches, nestle yogurt, tomatoes, cucumbers, tuna, skim milk, coffee, prawns, vita wheat biscuits, and lean mince meat. Last night we ate the BEST prawn stir-fry and my serving was only 3 points! I can't believe a low-point food such as prawns tastes so yummy. I also bought an aero chocolate bar that I still haven't eaten, I'm saving this 3 1/2 point treat for a desperate moment.

I also found my super low point day much easier to get through because I was able to eat the foods I really love and it wasn't difficult to not overeat. And I'm hoping that now that I've broken my normal routine with the detox that now my body will actually be tricked into losing.

Yesterday I worked on our public holiday because for 8 hours I get paid 20, and also they will give each of us a $50 Myer Gift certificate. I cannot pass up a shopping trip. I'm thinking of rewarding my next loss with a new handbag and using my $50 to go towards it.

Also yesterday mr. ralph and I took a walk down to the park near us and did some skipping. I'm considering buying a thick rubber mat to put in my back yard so I can skip at home anytime of the day and not have the impact of the concrete. Now I just need to find something like that. Do sports stores sell such things?

Comments

Jaykay said…
It's great to see you bounce back so quickly.

It is so easy just to give up and sink back to old ways.

It's funny but I'm not really missing anything yet. Well maybe my champagne on a Saturday night. But I've got through one weekend without it so 2 more won't kill me!
Argy said…
yeah...really I enjoyed this post. The most important thing in this journey is to feel good and keep your sanity!
*hugs*
Anonymous said…
Hey glad your back on track and feelin' good! I thought of you this morning as I weighed in myself. I was a bit disappointed but I'm more than halfway to my goal and I've been a bit stalled out these last few months. I've lost 110 lbs and have about 50 lbs to go til I get to my WW goal.

Good luck to you. Glad to know you're hanging in there. I love reading your posts!
Shannin said…
I think one of the results of a detox is learning to listen to your what your body really wants. You didn't get chips and dip and cookies -- you got fruit and yogurt. I mean, how bad is that?
CheekyMoo said…
Yes you can find a thick rubber mat. Even if you just get a treadmill mat. I have a large thick one made for under the treadmill to protect my carpet. Of course, I wish they made thing to protect my treadmill from animals and children, but you need the mat.

I love the foods you love. I love reading that you can eat again, and the foods you love are all so delicious and good for you. What a new life this is for us. When I crave things now, they are all things I can eat. I had a giant apricot today and it was the best thing I ever have eaten.

And I fit into a size 8 when I went shopping. Oh, cheeeky in single digits. Who would have ever guessed?
Wenchy said…
You have achieved so much.... so glad you are moving forward again. :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?