Skip to main content

Making Goals

Okay. I do get the point. I know it may seem silly for me to keep hammering on about the same 5-6 kilos I have left to loose, when you see pictures that clearly demonstrate that I do not look like a girl that should be on a diet.

I love you honestyrain, I really do. You're one of my top 5 favorite bloggers. Your comment yesterday meant a lot to me because I know why you wrote it, and I know you meant well, but the truth is this is not about being on a diet.

It is about reaching goal. When I started out on this journey so very long ago at 105 kilos I made the goal to be 63 kilos. If I stop now what kind of person would I be?

I can't stop. I have to reach my goal because it is what I set out to do. I know that being 68 kilos isn't that bad, and I can look in the mirror, take pictures, where fitted shirts, wear belts, and sleeveless shirts without any embarrassment. But I am still not at goal.

I know it is just a number. It isn't the end all be all of my existence, but I need to do it, for myself. I need to know that I can see this through.

A lot of what I am going through right now is exactly how you describe. I am indeed afraid, hopelessly nah helplessly afraid that the weight will pile back on. That one day I will wake up and the blob will be staring at me again. But I think this is normal for someone who once weighed 105 kilos.

I might always dislike my arms, and my thighs, but I've never ever had mini-skirt legs, and I've never had nice sculpted pretty arms. I want to. I don't know if being 63 kilos will give me that, in fact I'm pretty damn sure it won't, but it can't hurt me. It is nowhere near a dangerous weight to be since my healthy weight range goes as low as 51 kilos or some other hilarious digit.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is I do hear you. I agree with a lot you have to say, but I can't give up on this, and to use a very bad saying, the fat lady has not sung and indeed will not until I've made it.

Addendum:
I just read this entry: forever different, following a link from DG's site, and it is basically an entry by a woman who was once obese. It really depressed me to think about how I will always have this battle to keep my weight under control. So depressing. Anyway cheerio.

Comments

Bel said…
I am reading a book at the moment by Susie Eleman (Half My Size). How true is this statement:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For an alcoholic it's sobriety, a drug addict strives to be clean, but a foodaholic can't abstain from eating food altogether or they'll die.

We are confronted and challenged by our addiction each time we come into contact with food!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I totally agree with you about reaching your goal. I have been to WW so many times and been a couple of kilos from goal and then stopped going and ultimatly put the weight back on (and plenty more).

You know what is best for you and you know what you need to do to get there.

Keep healthy,
Richo
Yep, I get you. It is about reaching goals. It is about sticking to your guns.

This entry did bring about one question in my mind though. How did you chose 63 as a goal?

Yep, its a number. Yep, it's also your goal but was it the goal when you were at 105kilos?

My point is, you have lived a journey where you have constantly had to re-evaluate exercise, food choices etc. Was the 63 kg goal re-evaluated when you got closer to goal.

For example, some people get to goal, still feel like their body needs work and goes further. Some people become quite athletic and at their goal weight it feels too small for their body fat readings.

Would you explain it for us in your next entry?

(I've re-read my comment and it sounds judgemental. It REALLY isn't. It's an honest query from someone has never understood goal weight estimations)
Geez, I've re-read again now and I DO sound like Im coming down hard on ya.

Dammit.

Cuppa tea? *giggles*
Anonymous said…
i think beckie has a valid point. reevaluating your goal as you go along is wise.

i adore you, you know that, and i'm sorry if i was harsh the other day. i hate to see you be hard on yourself. i worry about what you have planned for your next goal.

big huge hugs.
Panthergirl said…
I think it is SO great that you are sticking with it until you reach your goal. Maybe it is just a number, but clearly it means something to you to keep the commitment you made to yourself.

Kudos!

Here via michele!
Morris said…
Gesh...

Mr. Morris
Ask Morris
Shannin said…
The one thing I've learned from all my meetings is that we need to be realistic about our goals. I'd love to be 140 again but my doctor thinks that maybe 155-160 might be more realistic for my age, lean muscle mass, etc. It's also a weight my body will maintain much easier.

If your body is comfortably maintaining the 68, than maybe that's where it wants/needs to be.

Hang in there - we're here for you no matter what you decide...
Anonymous said…
i say........go for it babe! you know your body and if it was me i know what would be happening. At 68 kilos striving for 63, you may track points and then eat what you want but knowing that you are aiming for 63 kilos then you will hardly ever get over 68! If you decide that 68 is your goal then you may become a little complacent and head up to 71 or something thinking "I am just over 68 - i cna head back down again". That would be my thinking anyhow. I think you are doing what is right for you and am proud of you for that.
Reshma said…
I am that now, 105 kilos, and 5'4" in height. I desperately need help, and I am struggling with adiet, and struggling to exercise. Its easier to keep sleeping, or just mire myself in the humdrum of daily existence, cleaning the disjes, doing laundry, cleaning off dust.. reading -

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?