Skip to main content

End of Week 1

My new name for Back to Basics is now Operation Christmas Parties

Mr. ralph and I have 4 Christmas parties between our work gatherings and social engagements to go to this year. I of course want to wear the dress as previously mentioned to at least one or two of these events. It doesn't fit right now.

My mission is clear. I will look great for Christmas!

Okay so the battle of the bloat was successful. I drank heaps of water on Friday and ended up with a good result on the scale. Saturday being my official weigh-in day saw me at 68 kilos on the dot! That was a whopping 800 gram loss for the week. Not to shabby I might add.

This week I am aiming for nothing less than a one kilo or more loss. The plan is to be a bit more restrictive. I have already written out my meal plan for the week and am going to the grocery store when I get through with this entry to buy all the food for the week.

I've planned a bit under my point allowance because I will probably add a few snacks into the mix. To be honest I adapted a menu plan I found in a mag. It isn't very much food, but it is called the look great in shorts diet. It really should say starvation diet, but they write these things for a general audience.

So, yesterday I think I found my other dress. I looked pretty good in a size 10 too, but I didn't buy it. I don't know why, but for some reason I decided to wait. I hope it will still be there this week. It was chocolate brown with a low cut top. The strap was halter style but was gold chain that had a beautiful kelly green broach right in the middle of my chest. I wouldn't even need to wear a bra with it! It clung just a bit below the rib cage and simply flowed out A-line style to just below the knee. I wanted to show you a picture of it, but the company doesn't have it on their website. I think it may be very new stock.

They also had it in maroon, but the brown was the most gorgeous and I already have the shoes to match it.

I'm excited by getting myself ready for Christmas now. I want to look hot! hot! hot!
And Beckie, I believe I have my motivation back! It's great isn't it?

Comments

kenju said…
I wish I had some motivation! I need to lose 10-15 pounds, but so far, it isn't happening. Good for you for having a goal.

Michele sent me.
CHA CHING!!!!

Well!

Im grinning from ear to ear.

You've found a payoff (~that~ gorgeous dress).

You've structured a way to get there AND written out a meal plan!

You've positive talked yourself. (so much to be said for affirmations).

AND to top it off, you've dropped almost a WHOLE KILO!

I just gotta comment, you looked good in a size 10 dress? Can you imagine saying those words a few years ago?
Shannin said…
That is so awesome. I mean, a loss is a loss and it's motivation for continuing your plan. The brown dress sounds really pretty, and again something you won't see at all the events. Can't wait to see a photo!
Anonymous said…
what can I say? you have done so very well this week - isn't it amazing how that number on the scale can make us go into a down spiral of crap thoughts - but then the opposite can be true - a negative and we go crazy positive. I am so happy for you and I would swap a bar of chocolate for a chocolate dress ANY day - i will have to remember that. I will definitely have to meet up with you before I move home to broken hill babe!
Yeah, you two live right near each other.

You'd have a ball together!!

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?