Skip to main content

Generally unwell

So lately I've been feeling under the weather.

At first it was a sore throat that led to coughing, and now the coughing has almost subsided but the sore throat has returned. I went to the doctor last week and was told that I probably had a virus. I didn't take any antibiotics because I didn't have any symptoms (except the swollen glands) that led me to believe I had an infection of any kind.

This weekend my shoulders and neck started to ache and not in the usual spot on the left side which is normally due to exertion and the bulging disc, but this time I'm mostly sore on the right side.

What worries me is I have no idea what is causing this. Also I've had some rather unusual bowel habits at even in this forum is a little personal to discuss.

So now I have a sore throat, sore shoulders and neck, and I have a severe upset stomach.

How wonderful!

Want to know something that boggles my mind the most? Somehow I managed to drop a kilo last week without even trying. That's right. I stepped on my scale on Saturday morning, fearful of what the verdict would be, only to find that I had mysteriously lost a kilo and weighed 67.4 again.

I don't know if this will remain the case because I proceeded to eat a lot on Saturday and drink even more on Saturday night, but I was happymomentarily with my fortune.

Now to answer the million dollar question. How did I come up with the goal of 63 kilos? Well a few years ago I submitted myself to Weight Watchers, pledging to do my best to get down to a goal weight and hopefully become a lifetime member.

The original goal weight was in pounds because I had not been exposed to kilograms. I can't for the life of me remember what the goal weight was, except I know it was whatever the heaviest weight WW would allow me for my age and height.

Since then I have left and rejoined WW a number of times and have kept my goal weight as the heaviest possible weight within my healthy weight range. I've looked at a number of different published charts regarding healthy weight ranges, and trust me 63 kilos is on the high end. I could stand to get down to 53 kilos probably.

I may look relatively thin at my current weight because I was blessed with a small waistline, but in the same respect I was also blessed with an ample rear and large thighs. Trust me, if you could see the extra weight I carry south of the border (which I cleverly never show in photos) you would understand how 63 is probably still not low enough, but alas I am setting my sights on 63 (to be healthy) don't ya know!

I understand the concern that I may spend the rest of my life in constant stress and worry about the number on the scale. Although I probably will end up doing that anyway, it is not something we should worry about presently. I am in no danger of becoming "too thin". That is an impossibility.

I've been in this position before, more than a few times. My body gets to a certain weight and just stops. Be it fatigue or just some scientific mystery, my body wants to put things on hold. I know it will pass, it may take weeks, it may take months, but sooner or later I will get this show on the road and reach that goal. Here's hoping that I can still do it before Christmas.

Comments

OLY said…
sometimes ure body will tell you when it is time for you to give it a break.. have some rest and get better!!
Shannin said…
Have you looked at a BMI scale and see where you should fall? You can google BMI scale and the internet has 100s of free ones. The highest "perfect" weight for me, according to the scale, is 155 but I know my body was very happy at 180. My doctor would be pleased with anything between those two numbers...

Hang in there. I hope you start feeling better. If it were allowed, I'd send you some of my famous chicken soup - guaranteed to cure almost anything.
Thanks for the explaination. It makes more sense.

You made me laugh when you stated that you cleverly don't show your bum or thighs in photos. I have a big tendency to only show my best sides and angles too.

I say, so long as you have a healthy mindset and attitude to your goal weight, then go for it!
Anonymous said…
i thinks it maybe a SA bug! I have had exactly the same symptoms for 5 weeks. Mine started with conjunctavitis and just hasn't got better. I am back to a sore throat now and chesty cough. Yuk! So, yeah, get better first.

I know what you mean when your body is "happy" at a weight. I am happy that yours is happy at 67 kilos becasue mine was happy at 120!!!! It didn't matter what I ate or how often, my weight was happy to just stay there.....but I wasn't.
Denise said…
Take care of yourself so that you feel better and then just keep doing the right things for your body and it will eventually release some weight. :-)
Hope you start feeling better soon.

You're a very strong spirit. Keep your chin up!

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?