Skip to main content

Are you kidding me?

To those of you who took offense by my last entry: Please do not assume that I think all Australian doctor's are bad. You are wrong. I love my normal GP, even though she only works 3 half days a week and is almost always booked up. A few weeks ago after seeing her I had flowers sent to her because she is simply one of the most amazing people I've ever met. She beats any doctor I've ever seen, in any country hands down. She is a beautiful person.

It would not matter what country I live in, or even what nationality the doctor's I am seeing are. Workcover has only chosen one for me by the way, and it shouldn't matter about that either. I am a person. I should be treated with dignity and respect like any other person.

I happen to live in Ausrailia so pardon me for drawing on that experience when writing about the doctor's I've seen. It is a little difficult not to since it just so happens to be where I live for now. And my experiences with doctors here has been nothing short of appalling. I include in this list emergency room doctors, nurses, GP's, and surgeons. I've seen a lot of different kinds.

Of course surgeons are the most rude and seem to have the worst bedside manner. This is probably true of American surgeons too, but I haven't had surgery in the US.

I can only draw on the experiences I've had when trying to figure out why I am being treated so poorly, if you read the entry again you will see that I have made no conclusion regarding the WHY, just that it really sucks to be treated badly. I write about my feelings and ponder my thoughts because this little blog here is mine, and it is what I do.

And for those still reading, Operation Christmas Parties took a hit this week because I did not lose any weight. But I am not giving up! I am going to get into that dress. We've only had a minor setback.

Comments

Rebeka,

I wasn't offended by your comments. I agree, it is your feelings about your own personal experiences.

My comments were more specifically to a commenter who posed the question "What is wrong with Australian doctors?".

If anyone at all bunches an entire category/race/species etc in one category after a bad experience I consider it an appalling display of ignorance.

Your frustration is well founded and absolutely understandable and I reiterate the fact that I feel shocking for you that you have had these experiences and that you aren't being treated in the way you should.

I gotta say also, I think it's fantastic you sent your GP flowers in appreciation for her service. I do the same thing when I appreciate people. That is a beautiful thing to do! Good on you!
Marisa said…
Rebeka,

I've been meaning to comment for weeks -- I have been reading all along.

Anyway, sorry to hear you are still having pain. I cannot imagine how frustrated you are. Reading all this frustrates me for you.

On the other hand, I am so proud of you for continuing with Operation Christmas Dress through it all. A setback does not have to do it in. Good for you!
Anonymous said…
hello baby girl! hey! if u r a wanker magnet then I am officially a wanker because i think u r bloody great : )

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?