Skip to main content

Stats

I weighed myself on Saturday morning at home. I didn't go to ww. Why? I just didn't feel like it. I know that I should have, but I didn't. I know they will accept me back next week. I was 66.8, which if you see to the right is 600 grams lighter than my last weigh-in, but that was almost 3 weeks ago.

So I'm not doing that great on the weight loss scene. I am not surprised given the amount of drama that has been going on in my life.

I did eat like crazy yesterday, but I also went to a Mexican dinner party and haven't eaten at a dinner party in so long I thought why not? There was nothing healthy to eat, and I didn't care either. I know that I'll be okay, even if I gain again.

I know where I want to go. I know I will eventually get there. I know summer is on its way and as the warmer days start to pour in, I will get the exercise bug again. I know that when I contemplate short pants and tank tops and bathing suits that my mind will once again be 100% focused on losing this last 5 kilos. But at the moment I'm doing ok. I'm not obsessed with it, but I'm not eating badly all week long either. Most of my week is very healthy.

I've discovered I love bran cereal and a small banana with skim milk for breakfast, tuna and mixed beans with a lot of salad makes a good lunch, snacks aren't hard with light yogurt and le rice as well as fruit. I'm eating mostly just meat and veggies with the occasional rice for dinner. I've actually begun to wonder if I eat far too little during the week and then far too much on the weekend, like this wendie plan may not be working out for me anymore. Maybe I should go back to 20 points a day and leave it at that.

This week I plan to make myself walk to bus stops that are at least 20 minutes away and take my gym shoes to work every day. I will exercise. I will work harder because I want to. I will use this extra time for my health.

My first physio appointment was on Thursday and it went well, but I was very sore afterwards for a few days. It does take a lot out of you. She did a small amount of mobilization and manipulation by touching spots on my neck. I was told to do a few exercises with my face that strengthen neck muscles. She said she is going to address my trunk and midsection at our next meeting which is Wednesday.

She ordered me this wonderful pillow that costs $240 and have asked my Work Cover insurance if they will pay for it. I hope to god they do because this thing was amazing. It molds to the shape of your head and will probably help release a lot of pressure that gets put on my spine at night. Even though I already have a physio recommended pillow, this one is nothing compared to the one I have now.

I read this on the back of the door in the loo last night of my workmates house where we had the dinner party and it made me want to share it with you guys. You may have already read these before or heard them, but it doesn't hurt to be reminded. I've colored the ones that touch me the most right now.


By:Maya Angelou


I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.

I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.

I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life."I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.

I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.

I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.

I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Comments

Anonymous said…
'people will never forget how you made them feel'

thank you for that. i will carry it with me throughout my day and hopefully beyond (but i have such a poor memory and will likely forget, sigh)
Argy said…
I have missed you too!!!! Much much much!!!

And you are so right. Soon it will be spring for you (and fall for me yuck!) and you only need a few kilos to get to goal. Tank tops and bikinis are indeed a great inspiration!
Anonymous said…
You are so right! It is so much harder in the long, cold, dark parts of winter and spring and summer will kick in and suddenly exercising and drinking water are much easier. We should move around the world so that we never have to experience a winter!
Thanks for those words. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mya Angelo's wisdom.

Glad to hear about your physio session. May it all be uphill from here!
Shannin said…
I'm envious that you are moving into summer. Summer & fall are my two favorite seasons.

I love the saying - very true.
Argy said…
now do come and post some, will you?

;)
Anonymous said…
My name’s Marianne, I weighed 100kgs and had problems with my metabolism. I wasn’t sure anything could work for me. But I stumbled across an amazing program. When the first kg’s came off I started to get really excited. Before starting the program I was always tired and I hated the way I looked. Losing weight has transformed my attitude. I’m bursting with energy and my confidence has sky-rocketed. The best part is I’m fitting into clothes that have sat in my wardrobe for years. Take a look at: http://gr8healthrus.com for more info.

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?