Skip to main content

And now for some good news

I had a slight scare with my raise at work. I had been told it was going to be backdated to the 1st of July (which is awesome!) But then they came back to me later and said that it wouldn't. I fought for myself and now, around a week later they've finally agreed to pay me for July. My increase is around $400 a month (by my calculations) so I needed to fight hard because I deserve it.

I'm taking another trip to Melbourne the weekend of the 10th and this time staying in a luxury hotel suite with 2 girlfriends. I felt I deserved a bit of luxury this time around since the last time was so bad. I don't plan on running into mr. ralph's friend, at all. But if one of you happens to want to meet up, we can. The only thing is, I haven't told my friends about this site so we'd have to say we met on msn or some other thing...

I think I may have lost a wee bit of weight this week. I forgot to mention that I didn't weigh in at weight watchers last week but I did go to the meeting. I explained to my lovely girls who work my meeting that I probably had blown up like a fish because of the meds and when I told them about the new bulge they all went crazy feeling bad for me. They were with me right through the other operation. So they even told me I don't have to pay for the next few weeks if I don't want to. Talk about support!

I've decided that if I make it to goal by the end of Summer I will be happy. Crap, if I can manage to stay this weight (67 kilos) for the rest of my life I probably won't be sad about it.

I had a bad public transport experience last night, and ended up taking 2 hours to get home from work when I got off at 6 pm. But practice makes perfect and I know what to do now. I need to always take my gym shoes, and always walk to the main drag where busses are every 15 minutes. The one that comes down the street of my work is unreliable. It never showed up last night, and wasted me precious relaxation time. Thank God mr. ralph loaned me the ipod, and it wasn't raining. See, silver linings all over the place!

The people that matter most ot me at work have been very supportive. Most of them don't know anything about the story because I technically work in a different area from said bitchy carpooler. The ones I know she has been chatting too have just simply been ignoring me, and that is fine with me too. They've never been my friends really, and good riddance to anyone who wants to be that way.

I am so just so grateful for all the support I've gotten here, and at home from mr. ralph. Plus one of the women on my team (the one I gave the plant to in the end) has been a real life savior. She took me into the city 2 days this week and said she can whenever she is going that way and we are on the same shift. We're going to her home tomorrow night for a Mexican dinner party. I felt so honored she invited me and mr. ralph. Also, my team leader happens to live out my way and is giving me a lift this morning. I don't think I will make it a regular thing because it makes me feel weird to ride with my superior, but it was a relief after the 2 hour ordeal last night.

Hope to report a loss to you later after my Saturday weigh-in. See you on the lighter side.

Comments

Shannin said…
I am so glad things are working out - even with the transport snafu last night. I wouldn't feel weird hitching a ride from my boss if he offered.
Have a great time at the Mexican fiesta!
Oh! It's amazing how much brighter you sound in a matter of days.

Love it! Love it! Love it!

I'm sending little wishes into the air for your weigh-in Saturday. Go you!

P.S. thanks for your comment on my site, you are just a treasure!
Anonymous said…
way to go on the raise thing. you gotta fight for you right...to paaaaaaaaaaaaaarty.

wait, that's not what i meant to say.

and enjoy that lux hotel. every girl deserves a lux hotel now and then!
Anonymous said…
Oh, I just read that whole saga, and wow does she sound a lot like my Evil Aunt Jane. Especially the wearing clothes over, and not having good personal hygiene. Jane isn't that large, but she is so unkempt she sometimes looks like a homeless person.

I'm sorry you went through all that, and I really hope you'll get to enjoy that time away! Sounds lovely, and well earned!
Dawn said…
It is great that you got the raise that you deserve. I am going through a fight at work to get a raise that was due to me over 2 months ago.

It sounds like the weight loss thing is going pretty good for you. Keep up with what you have been doing and everything should go your way.

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?