Skip to main content

Good Riddance 2006

Can you believe it is 5 weeks until Christmas?

I was in denial about it. It couldn't possibly be November! Then last weekend I went to a friend's house-warming party. I ended up in a conversation with one of my friend's mothers who started asking me about my family and what we normally do for the holidays, and if I miss them.

Well, now I am stuck grieving for my family.

I decided not to celebrate Thanksgiving this year. Every year I try to do something traditional. I cook some turkey, some kind of stuffing and some sweet potato casserole. But it never feels the same. I mean, it is over 90 degrees and the people I eat with don't even like cornbread dressing! And, I can never make the way my mother does. It is an impossible task. So I'm not doing it.

Yesterday I was talking to my sister and she reminded me that the year I moved away (2002) we had to have Thanksgiving dinner early for me just so I could have mom's cornbread dressing.

I'm so sick of 2006. This year has to be one of the worst years of my life. I think I remember saying that about 2005 too, but just when you think life can't get worse, it does!

I want the year to be over. So I am starting my new year's resolution early. That's right, November 19th marks a new beginning for me.

For the past few months my weight has gone up and down on a weekly basis. I know this because of the way my clothes fit. The main reason for it is because I have had too much to deal with emotionally. I try to focus on weight-loss and by the 2nd day I'm drowning myself in a bottle of red. One week I feel so awful that I can't even eat and probably drop 5 kilos, the next I am eating chips and dim sims for dinner. Why? Well because I didn't eat the week before of course!

It has been a total disaster.

Next Friday is my first Christmas party. It is for work. I remember last year how thin I was for the same party. I was so happy.

I don't have that much of a plan yet. I am jumping the gun by writing about it before actually thinking it through.

There is one thing I will be doing, and that is writing. I always do much better with this when I write. So look forward to more entries!

Also, what do you think about the new gigs?

Comments

Unknown said…
Im so over 2006 too. Bring on 2007!!
Anonymous said…
The new gigs are just fine, what's more important you're back! And with a positive attitude. =) Yay!

~M
Anonymous said…
Love the new look of the blog, and welcome back to writing. Your posts and your honesty inspire me, and I'm so glad you've returned!

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?