Skip to main content

The Red Shoes

I am reading this book that is absolutely incredible that R. loaned to me during our very first session. It is called, Women Who Run With the Wolves - Contacting the Power of the Wild Woman. The author's doctorate is in ethono-clinical psychology, which is a study of both clinical psychology and ethnology, the latter emphasizing the study of the psychology of groups, tribes in paticular. The book is a collection of stories that elucidate the Wild Woman relationship.

Although that all sounds like quite a mouthful, the book is very insightful. I am enjoying it so much. The title of today's entry is from the last story I just read. Once I finish the chapter I hopefully will write about it for you.

On Friday I went out for drinks (surprise) and somehow ended up on the topic of me and my weight-loss efforts. A few people were completely take aback that I have weighed 100 kilos. We got around to talking about how I don't know what I weigh right now, but that I want to lose at least 10 more.

I was told that I look fine the way I am.

I believed the sincerity behind the statement, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since.

The point is I don't think I am happy the way I am, although I believe I am closer now than ever before to that point.

Comments

Shannin said…
That is a great book - very empowering.

Here's to the next 10 kilos...
Wenchy said…
You are incredible.

I think I may need to get that book... I need something empowering.
Anonymous said…
Have been reading your blog. You seem to be an amazing women.
You demonstrate strong will and determination. I am sure you will reach your goals. Good luck. Go girl.
Anonymous said…
Very interesting blog. Like maxy said, you seem to have a lot of determination - it's good to see.

Good luck with the next 10kg!

Popular posts from this blog

A trip down memory lane

Hello to all of you all of you coming via Michele , thanks for stopping by and I only hope it was worth the trip over. I began reading through the questions on the Slimmer of The Year application today. Of course there are so many things I want to include, but I can't possibly write everything I want to or they will be getting a novel. When I started thinking of how long I have been overweight and the reasons I struggled for so long with food and weight issues a lot of memories came back to me. I've been challanged by my weight for most of my life. Granted some of that time I only thought I was fat when I really wasn't. The point is that I have been fat inside my head for as long as I can remember. One of the most shameful and embarrassing moments was when I was 15 and some of the boys in my class thought it was funny to sing "thunder, thunder, thunder thighs hooooooo!" when they saw me coming to the tune of the cartoon "Thunder Cats." That experie...

Weigh-in March 5th

I weighed in at 68.1, and was amazed to discover that I lost 800 grams this week. I've only got just over 5 kilos left to lose before I reach my goal. Like WOW. I mean wow. I am pinching myself. Can you believe this? A weight loss 2 weeks in a row?!?! I mean jeez, imagine what I could do if I got my butt up off the couch and started exercising. I think I owe it all to the Wendie Plan, which by the way I told all my fellow weight watcher' members about today. I tried to tell them anyway, but I couldn't say a whole lot because our leader likes to hog all the air time. It is weird. I've never felt so shut down in a place where we should all be sharing our ideas with each other. Isn't it a support group, not a one-woman-show? Plus she is boring and only talks about the same thing over and over again. I've heard enough about low GI foods, exercising, how her daughter is a dancer, and how good it is to eat protein for breakfast. I would try out a different ...

A nice surprise

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but Australians are a bit different when it comes to weight loss. They're very private and compliments and comments aren't as forthcoming as they'd be in the US where everyone is on a diet, thinking about going on a diet etc. Yesterday I received an email from one of my co-workers and this is what she wrote: Hey Becca. A quite personal thing really. I cannot help notice how great you look. Diversity aside, I am sick of being fat. Can you please let me know how I join Weight Watchers as it seems, with your will power, and their help, you have achieved as well as maintained your ideal weight. When she say's "diversity aside" she is referring to the company policy of not saying anything that someone else may find offensive. They're very strict about it. I had to giggle about that, but I was so encouraged. I know it took a lot for her to reach out to me, and I was so happy that people see me as an ex...