Skip to main content

I'm spinning..

Wow, how easy is it for me to get side-tracked? This week wasn't a very successful one where my weight is concerned. Who needs a scale to know when things aren't going right?

I remember a time when I was obsessed with knowing how much I weigh, and now I am obsessed with not knowing.

I did want to start tracking my calories last week, but I neglected to do it. I also fell back into having lots of excuses not to go walking.

In my defense I spent most of the day yesterday lying down with a hot pack on my lower abdomen, because the Gods were laughing at me. Being a woman is not always a good thing. The pain is excruciating this time. I know there is something wrong with me, but my doctor can't find anything. I am really wondering if I should not just go see a gynecologist. The main thing holding me back is money.

I had a great night on Friday night going out with a co-worker who is fast becoming my new best mate. She wanted to go out for dinner so we met up after work and had some drinks, and then went to a Lebanese restaurant with another one of her friends. She was a cool girl too. I was very glad to be in their company. Then we went to the Apothecary for a bottle of wine. Then after that we went to an Egyptian coffee bar. I also tried the "shisha". It was an interesting experience for me, especially since I don't smoke.

Then on Saturday night we were invited to a private function where there was lots of free alcohol. When I found myself sitting down across the street next to a building near some apartments in the city I realised that me and free drinks just do not mix. Talk about a lethal combination. Thankfully a lovely security guard (employed by the apartments I'm sure) helped me up and back across the street so I could find my friends. Not long after that I went home.

Mr. Ralph tells me I consumed some pizza and chips he had leftover from having the guys around to watch the football and then babbled on incoherently for a while. I always try to tell him things the next day and he always says, "yes you told me that last night.."

I believe that now the headache has finally worn off, but it is not very good to have cramps and a major hangover on the same day.

So there you go. Back to the drawing board for me this week. I have got to get myself under control.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! Sounds like you had a great weekend! Don't you just hate it when you can't remember anything, and the hang overs! Don't remind me.

Have a great week.
Wenchy said…
Ahhhh it's a new day in the morning honey!

Popular posts from this blog

A trip down memory lane

Hello to all of you all of you coming via Michele , thanks for stopping by and I only hope it was worth the trip over. I began reading through the questions on the Slimmer of The Year application today. Of course there are so many things I want to include, but I can't possibly write everything I want to or they will be getting a novel. When I started thinking of how long I have been overweight and the reasons I struggled for so long with food and weight issues a lot of memories came back to me. I've been challanged by my weight for most of my life. Granted some of that time I only thought I was fat when I really wasn't. The point is that I have been fat inside my head for as long as I can remember. One of the most shameful and embarrassing moments was when I was 15 and some of the boys in my class thought it was funny to sing "thunder, thunder, thunder thighs hooooooo!" when they saw me coming to the tune of the cartoon "Thunder Cats." That experie...

Weigh-in March 5th

I weighed in at 68.1, and was amazed to discover that I lost 800 grams this week. I've only got just over 5 kilos left to lose before I reach my goal. Like WOW. I mean wow. I am pinching myself. Can you believe this? A weight loss 2 weeks in a row?!?! I mean jeez, imagine what I could do if I got my butt up off the couch and started exercising. I think I owe it all to the Wendie Plan, which by the way I told all my fellow weight watcher' members about today. I tried to tell them anyway, but I couldn't say a whole lot because our leader likes to hog all the air time. It is weird. I've never felt so shut down in a place where we should all be sharing our ideas with each other. Isn't it a support group, not a one-woman-show? Plus she is boring and only talks about the same thing over and over again. I've heard enough about low GI foods, exercising, how her daughter is a dancer, and how good it is to eat protein for breakfast. I would try out a different ...

A nice surprise

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but Australians are a bit different when it comes to weight loss. They're very private and compliments and comments aren't as forthcoming as they'd be in the US where everyone is on a diet, thinking about going on a diet etc. Yesterday I received an email from one of my co-workers and this is what she wrote: Hey Becca. A quite personal thing really. I cannot help notice how great you look. Diversity aside, I am sick of being fat. Can you please let me know how I join Weight Watchers as it seems, with your will power, and their help, you have achieved as well as maintained your ideal weight. When she say's "diversity aside" she is referring to the company policy of not saying anything that someone else may find offensive. They're very strict about it. I had to giggle about that, but I was so encouraged. I know it took a lot for her to reach out to me, and I was so happy that people see me as an ex...