Skip to main content

I'm spinning..

Wow, how easy is it for me to get side-tracked? This week wasn't a very successful one where my weight is concerned. Who needs a scale to know when things aren't going right?

I remember a time when I was obsessed with knowing how much I weigh, and now I am obsessed with not knowing.

I did want to start tracking my calories last week, but I neglected to do it. I also fell back into having lots of excuses not to go walking.

In my defense I spent most of the day yesterday lying down with a hot pack on my lower abdomen, because the Gods were laughing at me. Being a woman is not always a good thing. The pain is excruciating this time. I know there is something wrong with me, but my doctor can't find anything. I am really wondering if I should not just go see a gynecologist. The main thing holding me back is money.

I had a great night on Friday night going out with a co-worker who is fast becoming my new best mate. She wanted to go out for dinner so we met up after work and had some drinks, and then went to a Lebanese restaurant with another one of her friends. She was a cool girl too. I was very glad to be in their company. Then we went to the Apothecary for a bottle of wine. Then after that we went to an Egyptian coffee bar. I also tried the "shisha". It was an interesting experience for me, especially since I don't smoke.

Then on Saturday night we were invited to a private function where there was lots of free alcohol. When I found myself sitting down across the street next to a building near some apartments in the city I realised that me and free drinks just do not mix. Talk about a lethal combination. Thankfully a lovely security guard (employed by the apartments I'm sure) helped me up and back across the street so I could find my friends. Not long after that I went home.

Mr. Ralph tells me I consumed some pizza and chips he had leftover from having the guys around to watch the football and then babbled on incoherently for a while. I always try to tell him things the next day and he always says, "yes you told me that last night.."

I believe that now the headache has finally worn off, but it is not very good to have cramps and a major hangover on the same day.

So there you go. Back to the drawing board for me this week. I have got to get myself under control.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! Sounds like you had a great weekend! Don't you just hate it when you can't remember anything, and the hang overs! Don't remind me.

Have a great week.
Wenchy said…
Ahhhh it's a new day in the morning honey!

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?