Skip to main content

Almost there, but not quite

Can you believe I still do not want to know how much I weigh?

On the weekend I walked a lot again. It is becoming obvious to me that I will soon have to start walking even greater distances because it is too easy for me now to walk for 1 hour.

Anyway, the good news is this wonderful woman that knew me a while ago when she worked at a cafe in the city (and I was at least 80 kilos or more) has since started working at the cafe near me that I walk to on the weekends. When she saw me this weekend she said, "Hi skinny girl!"

It made my year!

Me, a skinny girl?

And if you are a long term reader you may remember that a while ago I bought some Adidas sports pants (the non-stretch kind) and they are a size 10. When I bought them they were tight but wearable as long as I wasn't in public. Then I lost enough that they fit. Of course I put on so much that I wouldn't have dreamt of trying to wear them.... and yet, on Monday I did! I wore them and in public!

I know that I couldn't possibly be my thinnest yet though because yesterday I put on this snug dress that I wore last winter and it is still too snug. It is meant to be a clingy dress, but I look like a prostitute in it now. This is not the look I am going for. If I keep going the way I am with my exercise and eating I don't think it will be much longer though.

I had a lovely long talk with Beckie on the public holiday. I needed it so much. The one thing about living here that has been hard for me is not having really close girlfriends that I can just bounce ideas off of. Beck is an amazing girl. She listens and doesn't judge. I really love that about her.

Oh and have you seen the football lately? Go Collingwood!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's great to get compliments, they can really motivate you to continue.

I remember those adidas pants! Congrats for getting back into them. I have a ton of clothes that I've bought too small in hopes of someday fitting into them. I don't fit into any of them yet but I'm still determined to.
Cinders said…
It's nice to sometimes avoid the scales and just focus on being healthy. Pity we don't always see ourselves as others do - Yeah for the 'Skinny girl' comment. Oh and I've seen Collingwood and I'm happy with what I see also. Have a great weekend.
...jus me said…
You go girl! You are doing great!
Jeanna said…
Keep up the great work, Skinny girl!!
Anonymous said…
I'm sooo happy to hear that you are feeling slimmer and walking up a storm! Congratulations on staying off the scale - it's such a temptation to know what it says, but you're feeling good and that is far more important than knowing what the number says.

Keep up the great progress, I'm also trying to get back into some previously purchased sweats with no stretch. I'm encouraged by your success. YAY!
Argy said…
Im so avoiding the scales right now! Which is silly really. I can tell how much I have gained. It all stays in my middle section. Bfore its too late and starts getting to my thighs too.

But you know, you are thin. And you better start to believe it too!

I miss you too...I look for you in google talk but never get yoou online :(

Popular posts from this blog

A trip down memory lane

Hello to all of you all of you coming via Michele , thanks for stopping by and I only hope it was worth the trip over. I began reading through the questions on the Slimmer of The Year application today. Of course there are so many things I want to include, but I can't possibly write everything I want to or they will be getting a novel. When I started thinking of how long I have been overweight and the reasons I struggled for so long with food and weight issues a lot of memories came back to me. I've been challanged by my weight for most of my life. Granted some of that time I only thought I was fat when I really wasn't. The point is that I have been fat inside my head for as long as I can remember. One of the most shameful and embarrassing moments was when I was 15 and some of the boys in my class thought it was funny to sing "thunder, thunder, thunder thighs hooooooo!" when they saw me coming to the tune of the cartoon "Thunder Cats." That experie...

Weigh-in March 5th

I weighed in at 68.1, and was amazed to discover that I lost 800 grams this week. I've only got just over 5 kilos left to lose before I reach my goal. Like WOW. I mean wow. I am pinching myself. Can you believe this? A weight loss 2 weeks in a row?!?! I mean jeez, imagine what I could do if I got my butt up off the couch and started exercising. I think I owe it all to the Wendie Plan, which by the way I told all my fellow weight watcher' members about today. I tried to tell them anyway, but I couldn't say a whole lot because our leader likes to hog all the air time. It is weird. I've never felt so shut down in a place where we should all be sharing our ideas with each other. Isn't it a support group, not a one-woman-show? Plus she is boring and only talks about the same thing over and over again. I've heard enough about low GI foods, exercising, how her daughter is a dancer, and how good it is to eat protein for breakfast. I would try out a different ...

A nice surprise

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but Australians are a bit different when it comes to weight loss. They're very private and compliments and comments aren't as forthcoming as they'd be in the US where everyone is on a diet, thinking about going on a diet etc. Yesterday I received an email from one of my co-workers and this is what she wrote: Hey Becca. A quite personal thing really. I cannot help notice how great you look. Diversity aside, I am sick of being fat. Can you please let me know how I join Weight Watchers as it seems, with your will power, and their help, you have achieved as well as maintained your ideal weight. When she say's "diversity aside" she is referring to the company policy of not saying anything that someone else may find offensive. They're very strict about it. I had to giggle about that, but I was so encouraged. I know it took a lot for her to reach out to me, and I was so happy that people see me as an ex...