Skip to main content

Banging my head against a wall



I didn't lose any weight this week.

On average I walked at least 45-90 minutes a day, and I stayed under 1500 calories on every single day except one.

This is bullshit I tell you.

Mr. ralph had me convinced I had built up muscles in my legs and this was the reason no movement is happening on the scale. I almost believed him until I tried on these jeans that did fit me when I weighed 68 kilos.

I could button them up, but just barely and there was the overhang of flesh. The pot belly so to speak.

I am so frustrated. For the past two weeks I have walked and walked, and walked some more. I have logged on to the net every day and recorded my food intake. I have been very diligent.

I expected results!

Okay so I didn't eat like a rabbit everyday. I did indulge in cake at work on someone's 10 year anniversary, I did have carrot cake on the weekend with my mum-in-law. I did eat a small block of chocolate ... but all of this food was accounted for.

So maybe I just need to eat less sugar and alcohol calories?

Maybe I need to actually eat below 1200 and still walk to lose weight?

It is all too much for my brain to handle right now. I was feeling so good about myself physically; it was one of the only things I had going for me right now.

Work sucks. The insurance company have decided to reject my 2nd claim and I have to decided if I want to dispute their decision. My brother told me my Dad is not doing very well and he feels that I need to come home soon for a visit.

Sigh.

Comments

Shannin said…
That's an awesome job on the walking! I'm only doing 60 minutes 4-5 times a week... I'm sure the results will come.
Thumper said…
Never go below 1200 calories; it's not healthy and entirely counter producive to weight loss because it can actually slow down your metabolism.

If your diet is reasonable--and 1200-1500 calories is very reasonable--then shake up your workout. If you walk for cardio, try something else. An elliptical machine. Alternating sprint/walk/sprint/walk. Add in weight training--the more lean muscle mass you have the higher your metabolism goes.

When you hit a plateau--and Ive been in one for 7 weeks so I should take my own advice--either the diet or the exercise or both needs to change. Start with your exercise. It's probably the easier change to make...
Anonymous said…
don't let those nasty scales put you off... i'm not going to say exercise like this or eat like that, but will only say KEEP GOING, tiger! you are doing well. sometimes it takes time for hard work to show up. our bodies don't work to a 7-day timetable...
Jocelyn said…
Your situation sounds a just like mine right now, except for the bit about your dad being not so good, I hope things improve there.

All I can say is I am going to keep going and I hope you will too. As frustrating as it is to not see results, it would be even worse to give up and see the weight come back. Stay Strong!
Marisa said…
The results are there, just not on the scales. More energy perhaps? Feeling better emotionally? Less stressed?

And it will translate on the scales as well. You know it!
Well, it's all been said. There is some terrific advice here.

Are you out of your comfort zone with exercise? Cause what worked a year ago, will be less efficient today.

I wanted to say Happy Valentines Day my special Bek!
Wenchy said…
You are looking fantastic.... regardless.
Anonymous said…
soooooooooooooo ditto! check out my site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Belladora said…
That's a LOT of walking and I bet you that your abs and leg muscles are growing underneath...and that's why things seem tight. Keep it up...seriously...you WILL see results!

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?