Skip to main content

Weight Update

Welcome to my hell.

I've discovered quite depressingly that I've managed to gain 2 extra kilos on top of the 1 previously gained adding my current weight total to 67.7, and I have finally updated the side bar to reflect this. It was hard accepting that I now have 5 kilos to lose again and I've put on 3 since winter began.

The Weight Watchers meeting was encouraging, but I can't say I'm proud of the things that encouraged me. The leader seems to have put on heaps of weight and I know by admitting this I am going to loose some friends, but it actually made me feel better to know that I'm not the only one suffering through these winter months.

We spent the entire meeting talking about exercise. My favorite exercise was brought up as an alternative for winter because it is easy to do at home no matter what time of the day, skipping. I love skipping, but I've begun to wonder if skipping is the reason for my recent return of pain.

The doctor cleared me for skipping, but I'm afraid that it was too soon for that kind of jarring impact on my fragile neck.

I thank you guys for all your suggestions. I don't know if it is recommended for someone who has had a spinal fusion to see a chiropractor, this is something I'd have to ask the physio assigned to my case. Also since I don't have private health care I will need work cover to pay for any treatment I get, so it would have to be approved by the spinal surgeon or one of the physios would have to say it is recommended. I doubt he will be recommending it, he is not that interested in the recovery side, as long as the x-rays look good.

I'm going to ask the physio though. Thank you for all the suggestions.

The last time I had a bout of pain it went away within a few weeks, and was helped a lot by taking the prescription anti-infammatory. But that drug is one I never want to take again because of the side affects. If I call he surgeon I am afraid that is what he is going to recommend. I'm pretty sure the area is just inflamed.

Sigh.

I really want to loose at least a kilo this week. This seems like an impossible task because I can't seem to stop putting crap into my mouth... Friday night I ate the remainder of a 150gram bag of Toasted Marshmallows from Darryl Lea. Yesterday we went to the movies and I ate a 150g bag of Twisties. Do I look like a girl that needs marshmallows and Twisties?

Also questions for you Argy: Do you want the pics of the clothes alone or me modeling them?

Comments

Heather said…
Hello, Michele sent me. I am sure you will lose the weight again. Everyone backslides. I did weight watcher's to lose my post-baby weight. It was a great program!
Mx said…
Hey, hang in there, girl! I came across your blog today and I'm totally awestruck by your weightloss and your continued motivation. You're amazing!
Argy said…
Of course I want YOU modeling them! Otherwise, they are just pieces of nice fabric! Tis how a piece of clothing is worn that gives it life :)

And I agree with caleen. A gain is always something that discourages us, but if you see it in the bigger picture, it is nothing.

You know I am sure that come spring all the weight will really drop off you. It is really difficult to loose these last kilos when you look so good and is winter that your body asks for more comfort food!
Rebeka,

I have to ask you this. It perhaps will seem a little off track.

You were once 105kgs. I think what you have done is extraordinary! I don't say that lightly.

When you were 105kgs and people talked about being under 70kgs, did you salivate at the mouth and wish you were swimming around the 60-70kgs mark yourself?

The fight for health will always be there. It is an endless journey you and I and most of your readers will struggle with for most of our lives.

I guess what I am saying is, ease up on yourself cupcake. Revel in everything 'woman' about you. Perhaps completely re-evaluate your reasons or your methods to get where you wish to go for the last part of your journey.

I have every faith that you will get where you want to go and be the diva you want to be. (A self confessed diva can sense diva-ness in others *wink*)

Breathe deep. Write down everything. Seriously acknowledge what you have done til now, and work out a new game plan for the next few months. I believe this will help you.

I think I've used up my comments time.

Be true to you Bek.
Anonymous said…
im so inspired when i came across your blog. well,i too am experiencing the same thing of weight gain. its disheartening and i also feel that way.i guess both of us have to be strong and just move on for a better week ahead. we can do it!
Shannin said…
You haven't lost this friend. I, too, gained some of the weight I slaved to lose. It's discouraging but I know you can do it. You've worked so hard to get this far.
I also have to laugh about reading "winter" when it's going to be over 90 F today in Minneapolis. What I wouldn't give right now for a string of 60 degree days.
Argy said…
Also, I was thinking that perhaps it is time for another round of "hot" dates with mr. ralph. What do you think?
Jessica said…
I have just begun a serious weight loss regimen myself and your story is inspiring! I've been dealing with a hip injury for over 10 years and on my best days it makes it difficult to exercise and on my worst the pain has been unbearable, so I know a little of what you are going through. Please don't be disheartened, things WILL get better!

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?