Skip to main content

Harrumph

That is me, making a very unhappy sound.

So I didn't go to my weight watchers meeting today either. Yes, mr. ralph had something else to do and couldn't take me, but I could have walked, or mrs. ralph (the other one) would have been happy to drive me. But something inside of me didn't want to see the results on that scale, and have the # recorded. Although it was good that for the 2nd half of the week my mindset was back on track, and I was exercising everyday, I still am at least 1.5 kilos above my last weight recorded at WW.

Now this makes 2 weeks in a row that I haven't attended. Unless I find a meeting to go to in Melbourne, it will be another 2 weeks before I can go back. They will probably make me rejoin at that time because the amount of meetings I've missed will cost more than the rejoining fee.

I'm not sure what I will do. Maybe I will go to a Melbourne meeting. That could be fun. Do any of you go to WW in Melbourne?

Now I haven't updated the weight stats at the right to reflect my current weight because I am in denial. I don't want to be 66 kilos. I don't want to be above 65. It is very disappointing to me to be where I am right now. It is so hard to comprehend that I am finding things so damn difficult.

On another note, I have wanted to buy a pair of furry boots because I thought they'd be nice to wear on our bus trip to Melbourne to keep my feet warm, but I have really been turned off by the concept of wearing Ugg boots out in public as a part of winter style. I don't find them particularly flattering or attractive and the girls that pull the look off are stick thin (I saw a girl like that yesterday).

But as I tried a few different varieties on yesterday I couldn't get myself to buy any. I have bigger legs than most people my size. You wouldn't think that someone that wears a size 10 pants wouldn't be able to zip the standard boot up, but that's me. I not only have bigger legs, but I'm bow legged as well. It is something I've always been really sensitive about. It is not like I had a choice in the matter, I was born this way, but it isn't something you want to go around telling people either.

But my point is these boots don't fit me right, and the ones that do (the new ones with the little ties holding them together) look funny too. I am short, and the effect makes my legs look shorter, dumpier. It was not an eventful day and I ended up feeling bad about myself.

To top it all off I just finished reading a rather sad book and the feeling I have been left with is really gloomy.

I was hoping the scale would be my friend today. I wanted to be at least back to 65 kilos. In the back of my mind I had really hoped that all the skipping would have helped more than it did.

Last weekend did more damage than I thought, because if I hadn't done all the skipping and walking this week, I would hate to think how much I would have gained. I should be grateful at least for that. But I can't seem to pull out of this mood.

Tomorrow mr. ralph and I are going to the McLaren Vale on a winery tour with some of my co-workers and friends. It was a work outing but because not a lot of work people were interested we opened it up to outsiders as well. I hope that it is a sunny day, but most of all I hope we have some fun, and that a smile can find its way back to my face.

I think that is enough for just now. I've left the announcement up at the top about my trip to Melbourne. Don't be shy people, I want to meet you!

A side note to those of you who use Typepad for comments. I know I haven't been the best blog friend lately because I haven't made the time to stop by all of your sites. I made a real concerted effort today and had things to say too! But alas Typepad is not letting me leave you comments. I'm sorry!

Comments

Unknown said…
Unfortunately I live in NSW, everyone else seems to live in Melbourne so Im sure you'll meet some lovely bloggers!!

Dont stress about ww, they'll only charge you 1 missed meeting, so you will pay for 2 meetings. Or if your lucky they might not charge you anything extra.
Wenchy said…
Here's hoping that smile is found.

PS. Would you send me mine if you see it out and about?

Thanks,

Popular posts from this blog

Starting over

Hmm. Starting over is never easy. I'm on a new journey this time. I want to do this for different reasons. I want to do it for me. This week has been an okay one food wise, but I haven't been walking. I have had to suffer rain, but we needed it so it is hard to be mad about it. I know I may have lost a tiny bit of weight, but probably not much. Will weigh myself tomorrow. I had a few too many drinks still. BUT I swear I am trying! It is hard right now. I want to go to the doctor and request some weight-loss drugs. I don't think my doctor will give me them, and I know it is a weak way out, but I want the help. So don't judge me! Thanks so much for the support lately. Even the few of you who still check to see if I am around, your words mean a lot to me.

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?