Skip to main content

Nobody likes the monkey?


Not one little comment about how cute he is? :(

My Buckley was in a fight this morning and he has a hurt ear, neck and leg. We had to take him to the vet for injections. The poor boy has a fever and is not well!

He is just like a child to us so it was hard to hear him wailing and crying while the vet cleaned him up. She had to shave the spots so we could see how deep the scratches/bites were.

I am still staying away from the scale. I want to rejoin Weight Watchers but haven't really made the effort to get myself to a meeting.

Comments

Thumper said…
Awwww...he is awfully cute! I hope he was put on antibiotics, too, just in case...
Poor Bailey. :-(

Hope he feels better soon.

Now, WHY haven't you joined ww yet? hmm hmm?
Wenchy said…
I want to join WW also... but the fear of failure is HUGE.
Belladora said…
I'm the exact same way with my 'kids'. I hope things are better soon!
Argy said…
awwww poor baby!!! Is he better yet?
Shannin said…
What a cutie! I'm the same way with my fur-babies...
Anonymous said…
hello gorgeous! thank you so much for the wishes! I am only just getting back into blogging. And happy birthday - i was going to send something with beck but just couldn't get organized - will have to buy you dinner when I am in adelaide next ok?

you look gorgeous in your recent photos by the way....

hugs
K said…
I'm in love with your cat. I am DYING for one of my own...but my small apartment and roommates have prevented it so far...

Popular posts from this blog

A trip down memory lane

Hello to all of you all of you coming via Michele , thanks for stopping by and I only hope it was worth the trip over. I began reading through the questions on the Slimmer of The Year application today. Of course there are so many things I want to include, but I can't possibly write everything I want to or they will be getting a novel. When I started thinking of how long I have been overweight and the reasons I struggled for so long with food and weight issues a lot of memories came back to me. I've been challanged by my weight for most of my life. Granted some of that time I only thought I was fat when I really wasn't. The point is that I have been fat inside my head for as long as I can remember. One of the most shameful and embarrassing moments was when I was 15 and some of the boys in my class thought it was funny to sing "thunder, thunder, thunder thighs hooooooo!" when they saw me coming to the tune of the cartoon "Thunder Cats." That experie...

Weigh-in March 5th

I weighed in at 68.1, and was amazed to discover that I lost 800 grams this week. I've only got just over 5 kilos left to lose before I reach my goal. Like WOW. I mean wow. I am pinching myself. Can you believe this? A weight loss 2 weeks in a row?!?! I mean jeez, imagine what I could do if I got my butt up off the couch and started exercising. I think I owe it all to the Wendie Plan, which by the way I told all my fellow weight watcher' members about today. I tried to tell them anyway, but I couldn't say a whole lot because our leader likes to hog all the air time. It is weird. I've never felt so shut down in a place where we should all be sharing our ideas with each other. Isn't it a support group, not a one-woman-show? Plus she is boring and only talks about the same thing over and over again. I've heard enough about low GI foods, exercising, how her daughter is a dancer, and how good it is to eat protein for breakfast. I would try out a different ...

A nice surprise

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but Australians are a bit different when it comes to weight loss. They're very private and compliments and comments aren't as forthcoming as they'd be in the US where everyone is on a diet, thinking about going on a diet etc. Yesterday I received an email from one of my co-workers and this is what she wrote: Hey Becca. A quite personal thing really. I cannot help notice how great you look. Diversity aside, I am sick of being fat. Can you please let me know how I join Weight Watchers as it seems, with your will power, and their help, you have achieved as well as maintained your ideal weight. When she say's "diversity aside" she is referring to the company policy of not saying anything that someone else may find offensive. They're very strict about it. I had to giggle about that, but I was so encouraged. I know it took a lot for her to reach out to me, and I was so happy that people see me as an ex...