Skip to main content

A belief is only a practiced Vibration

Wow.

I had no idea this content was still here, and yes jezus I don't even remember how blogger works, but I know that I want to write.  I like the idea that maybe just maybe someone will read it, but I also just like that I can type a hell of a lot faster than I can put pen to paper, and I've already tried 2 of the newer 'blog sites' like Medium etc. but something about me says that reading someone's thoughts on addiction or depression, or whatever it is you have searched for, you SHOULD be able to read the content for free, I mean come on! We put up with ads already.

Plus I can't really say I want the content and old comments to be gone.  They are there, they are me.  But I do wish I could change the title.  I just want to write, right now and not fiddle with starting a new blog.

So I've really been struggling with giving up alcohol since 2010? I sort of wish I knew the exact amount of stats and stops but the number is probably VERY BIG.  

I have seriously felt like I've kicked this! and BOOM I drink at a Pizza hut in a plastic cup and feel oh man I love this.

I first found AA that year. 2010 that is. I also was hit by a car that same year.  2 really may I say HUGE events to happen to an alcoholic in ONE year.  The same year that she still thinks she is drinking for fun, but knows she has a problem.  That is 11 years.  

I know that my Sponsor, George, would say that was when the recovery started, and he is correct.  My first sponsor was exactly what I needed at the time, however the relationship did not build a solid foundation for me to remain sober.  It introduced me to Al-anon though, and this enabled me to see how my early relationships with my family did not necessarily mean that I would also be alcoholic, but that it would affect my life and the decisions I made.

I was also able to open up to a woman who wasn't my age and wasn't a 'friend'. Georgie helped me in so many ways and I am not as angry at her as George is, but I also have no need for her in my life.  I'm not sure if that comes across bad or what, but I can't say I care. :)

I want to be free of judgements of regrets, of hate.

I cannot say that I will love everyone equally, in fact there is a woman that works at the school where I clean in the afternoons that has really pushed me away from her.

So recently I picked up this idea again of writing a memoir.  I need to.  I know it cannot happen without being strict with myself.  I don't have to write it in a week, but I need to schedule writing, like this, into my week.  I don’t want to say daily, because there are other things I'd like to do daily, for example like meditate for as little as 10 minutes and I've het to make myself stick to that.

In this past relapse I did all the things I used to do to help keep me sober.  I attended AA, I read blogs, I researched why relapses happen, I listened to podcasts, I said not today! Yet in a moment of exhaustion leaving work from the canteen I said yes and gave in.  I have asked the oracle (what I call my HP currently) over and over again why the cravings won't go away, I mean come on I've been begging for years. I would offer the life of my 1st born son if you had given me the ability to have children for the answer! I mean come on!  So it will take longer than a year for me to see a real decline in cravings??? Is this what you are telling me, because my personal best days of sobriety exceed a year.

I really need to find my external moue because writing without it sucks.

When I get super quiet I can hear this crackling in my ears... I seriously don't know what that is but um, wax?

Distracted.

I allow myself to do that. It won't work otherwise.

Today I have things I do daily to help me keep the drinking voice at bay, but this super cool Canadian sober coach named Belle says we need more tools.  Like tools we keep and stick to when we notice they work. This is the one thing I have NOT tried, I've not stuck to anything for longer than 2 years that keeps me sober. 

Oh I've got a bucket and a half full of excuses. Like having to move from Port Melbourne due to the fact that my housemate had already decided she had enough of being sober and went back to drinking and making my life a daily hell.  Then injuring my back at the new Yoga studio near my new place of residence that led to no more yoga.  I quite quickly went back to drinking.

Excuses are for losers.

I'm out of excuses.  

I've signed up for a course with an existing friend who does a combination exercise, food, sleep program. Yes I signed up and paid her before I thought it through.. but. During our first phone/skype zoom meeting/whatever she does I will have to be honest with her if I feel like Eric Zimmer would be a better more cost-worthy fit, then she only has to refund me what she thinks she should.

My interview/conversation with Eric is on Monday. OMG I am like super nervous. He is like my superhero.  The man not only has recovered from alcohol TWICE, he has also recovered from heroine and runs the MOST incredible amazing podcast that I cannot live without. He has influenced my life so much since I started listening to him and I cannot get over the fact that Iget to talk to him!!!!!!!! WOW

yeah I am a fan. I hope I don’t make a fool of myself hahah.

So what has the answer been from the Oracle (through Iching readings) if you are curious.

The answer has been Biting Through.

Imagine having something tough in your teeth and you gnaw through it.  That is the feeling it brings up.  So that being said, wow. Thanks. I already know it is not easy to chew.  But WHY?  The next thing it says is,  what you are learning in the experience is the connection between what we do (or actions) and what happens to us.

This of course causes so many things to come up in people. Like am I really to blame for bad things happening to me?!?!?!

Well if you drink too much alcohol (poision) and you know beforehand that once you have one sip you are hard wired to switch ON with, I need more, more more!!  and then you wake up the next day regretting breaking this sobriety stretch AGAIN, and yet it hasn't made you feel good. In fact you feel guilty. Your voice then starts saying, well since you drank today, why not continue to drink tonight?

We all know how this goes.

We've been there before.

IT is only when we decide that on day 2, 3 or 100 that everything (including having cravings is better when you do not listen to the voice.)

The writers of the BB of AA talk about people like me, "those unfortunates that cannot be honest with themselves.."

I cannot let that be me.

I cannot.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All it takes is determination

I got my butt up this morning and did a 20-minute walk/jog, and it was still DARK outside. You proud of me?? Sure you are! I didn't do so well with my eating on the weekend, but this is not going to stand in my way. I know that in order to push through and lose more than what I've been averaging since Christmas (500-800 grams a week) I have got to stick to the Wendie Plan for the rest of this week and to my new lower points intake of 18 a day as well as exercise . I said the dreaded word, but it is true. I can do this. I have decided that there will be no excuses. I will apply to be this year's WW Slimmer of The Year. I can't let anything stand in my way. Thanks to all of you for getting behind me with this. Your support is so crucial because I am feeling high and on top of the world right now, but I know there will be days that I will feel like giving up the fight when I will start thinking it is just to hard and I know I will be going back and reading all your w

Do you want what you can't have?

On the way home from work I saw a girl with the figure I want, but will never have. She was young; I think probably around 16 or 17. She was tall with lean legs and she was wearing a pair of trendy short shorts with a t-shirt. She also had amazingly perfect large breasts. I admittedly stared for a moment at her because she didn't have one single blemish. She is so beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how I will never be that thin, I will probably never wear short shorts, and I definitely will never have those boobs. I wish I didn't look longingly at the things other people have and envy them, but I do. But I don't think I am the only one.

Tweaking

So I've done some tweaking to the code. I now think it looks better in Firefox than IE because IE is not recognising the best font. It is too late right now for me to concern myself with this. At least most of us can actually read it. Also I have to create a new weight chart that is compatible with this design. Thanks a lot for the input. Firefox users, is it better now?